Strange TPMS ID and no tire warning yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
09 Lexus ES350
Last Friday, the independent garage read from the OBD port the four new Denso TPMS ids previously transferred into the ECU. I confirmed they matched ids of the sensors that I supplied for installation. There were no DTC errors to report. A week later, I bought an Autel TS508 TPMS diagnostic tool with OBD and triggered each sensor for their ids. Only one id did not match (front driver). See pic

How does one explain no tire warning light? We must have driven at least 2 1/2 hours so far.

To the best of my knowledge, a non-communicating sensor ie (non-registered) should have caused an error event and then triggered a flashing yellow tire warning.

Confused by 17249A4 sensor read by the TS508. None of the Densos had that id.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
You can give the sensors random IDs and pair them to the car. I almost never reassign the numbers to new sensors, there is no reason and it takes longer. They must have everything done correctly or the TPMS light would flash almost instantly.

They did the job correctly, move on.

Those numbers from #1-#5 is what the garage's Snap-On TPMS tablet reported last Friday from the OCD. They had to break the bead and install new grommets to address a valve steam leakage across all 4 tires.

My wife vehemently forbids me to do an ECU read with the TS508 since she feels I am unqualified and will do more harm than good. What I could do is drop the front left to 20 psi, drive around the hood wait for the yellow to appear, then inflate back to 38psi and hopefully watch the yellow disappear.

:)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
You can give the sensors random IDs and pair them to the car. I almost never reassign the numbers to new sensors, there is no reason and it takes longer. They must have everything done correctly or the TPMS light would flash almost instantly.

OE Denso TPMS hex code ids are labeled on the sensors and are non-programmable.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525

Weird... Test it out and see if it works. Take it down to 20 psi and see what it does.
IF i call correctly schrader sensors list the ids on the sensors but are programmable.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525

Weird... Test it out and see if it works. Take it down to 20 psi and see what it does.
IF i call correctly schrader sensors list the ids on the sensors but are programmable.

I looked at Denso TPMS installation instructions and it did not address programmability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back