Why is Mobil Super so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid

Super has a 7$ rebate but your better off getting the M1 and filter with the 17$ rebate oil and filter 19$ total incl tax

That's what originally got me looking at M-Super prices...i was like nope. Even without a rebate, M1 is cheaper than the $25 they want for the Super.

Hmmm...M1 EP or M-Super🤔...yeah, I'll take EP thank you very much....

Mobil Super Synthetic is $19.99 at Meijer everyday. I think it's a decent value when compared to 27.99 for M1 at Meijer. That's about 30% less. Seems like Meijer has the correct pricing tier on these two products.

Not sure why Walmart is pricing it at a premium.

The Great Walmart of China pushes Mobil 1 hard, I personally find Mobil 1 more synonymous with Walmart that Walmart's house brand oil Supertech. The are always advertising Mobil 1 as part of their quick lube program, advertising rebates and other discounts in store, and designating it as a featured product.

They may offer Mobil Super Synthetic but I daresay that Mobil 1 specifically is THE oil for them.

Originally Posted by Ignatius
The Great Walmart of China pushes Mobil 1 hard, I personally find Mobil 1 more synonymous with Walmart that Walmart's house brand oil Supertech. The are always advertising Mobil 1 as part of their quick lube program, advertising rebates and other discounts in store, and designating it as a featured product.

They may offer Mobil Super Synthetic but I daresay that Mobil 1 specifically is THE oil for them.

Where do you go to buy your non Chinese made items?

Where I live there are no other big retailers.

There is KOHLS but that store is just an overpriced Walmart with the facade of a Nordstrom.

There there is HD and Lowes.

Maybe a Marshals for C and B stock stuff.

Used to be:

CALDOR, SEARS, Bon Marche, Jordan Marsh, Ames, Bradlee's,Grant's, Woolworth, Zayre's;

Kresge's, Lechmere, Tweeter ETC, Tech HiFi,

Thanks Bezos and lazy click shoppers.

Originally Posted by kschachn
When Castrol 0W-40 is on rollback at Walmart for $20.98/5 quarts, why even have this discussion?

Because I was looking to maybe score some Mobil Super on the cheap with the rebate that's about to expire, but that ain't gonna happen. Even with the rebate it's overpriced.

As a long time Mobil 1 and Delvac user … the conventional Mobil Super is a strange one to figure out.
Perhaps with increased production of EHC they're going to bump it up to Dexos … but it still needs to be several dollars cheaper even with Dexos on the jug

Why is PUP 0W-20 double the price of PUP 5W-30? This is ridiculous.

pup.jpg

Originally Posted by camryrolla
Why is PUP 0W-20 double the price of PUP 5W-30? This is ridiculous.

Maybe there is something screwy going on with Wally's website??? I usually see 5/30 amongst any brand, priced higher than other lubes due to it being the most recommend grade...so yeah, screwy....‚

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
LOL it isn't expensive if you don't buy it I just get the other oils that are cheaper. Listening Exxon?

I think they are, there's a rebate on Mobil 1 oils now which make them less expensive than the Castrol on Rollback or the Pennzoil product via Amazon. If saving money is your goal then I suggest you get the Mobil 1 and use the rebate.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Where I live there are no other big retailers.

There is KOHLS but that store is just an overpriced Walmart with the facade of a Nordstrom.

There there is HD and Lowes.

Maybe a Marshals for C and B stock stuff.

Used to be:

CALDOR, SEARS, Bon Marche, Jordan Marsh, Ames, Bradlee's,Grant's, Woolworth, Zayre's;

Kresge's, Lechmere, Tweeter ETC, Tech HiFi,

Thanks Bezos and lazy click shoppers.

Every retailer you listed that is still alive in your area invested in online infrastructure.

All the dead ones killed themselves by failing to recognize the future of retail and how to be competitive in their space. It's not the shoppers fault or Bezos fault that these businesses failed to grow and compete.

Sears should have been what amazon is today, but they became complacent and lost the battle they should have won. Today amazon is buying vacant sears stores and malls to make distribution centers.

All along sears had a distribution center in every major city in the world. They missed a golden opportunity that was sitting in their lap because they failed to think forward. They weren't VICTIMS of Amazon, they killed themselves from the top down.

Many a brick and mortar retailer (anyone remember Circuit City🤔) fell victim to their own hubris. Can't blame Bezos for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back