New FRAM Extra Guard oil filter video. From Fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could even be more than 10K miles if going by the OEM filter change recommendations - ie, Hondas with OLM and change the filter every other oil change.

Pretty much every well known filter maker will say to use their filters per the car manufacturer's scheduled maintenance recommendation.

Looks nice. Is the ADBV the same on an Extra Guard as it is on a Tough Guard? I forgot they went to a silicone one on the Extra guard.

Orange Can >>> Orange hair in a can
smile.gif

Synthetic Glass?

Educate me on that. Sounds like marketing had to throw synthetic in there somewhere.

Ran Toughguard many times with good results. And it appears Xtra guard is stepping up with the Si adbv,

Now I wish Subaru would put one in their Blue OE Fram can service part, like Honda does with their OE Fram blue can.

Thanks for the vid, wemay. - Ken

Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko
Is this a new video? Did Jay (i.e., "Motorking") get re-hired by Fram?

Ed

Ed, when did he leave? He is a great guy.

Originally Posted by zvm77us

Ed

Ed, when did he leave? He is a great guy.

I got an e-mail from Jay in April of this year and he said, ..."I am no longer working for FRAM. They were purchased by the Trico Group and promptly fired every single person making more than..."

Ed

Ed,
If Trico is cheaping out on quality staff like Jay I can only imagine where the quality of their filters will be heading.

Ed,
If Trico is cheaping out on quality staff like Jay I can only imagine where the quality of their filters will be heading.

It worries me too.

I have, for a long time, had a lot of faith in the Fram Ultra, etc., but after receiving the message from Jay...I'm starting to think harder about that.

Ed

Ed

Really not that new, it is over 8 months since it was posted.
Video was probably made in late 2018, and was posted early 2019 (just a few months before Jay was let go).

Ed,

It worries me too.

I have, for a long time, had a lot of faith in the Fram Ultra, etc., but after receiving the message from Jay...I'm starting to think harder about that.

Ed

Change doesn't automatically mean a company will head in the wrong direction after it.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Don't mind me a good Fram.

95% at greater than 20 microns....
With silicone ADBV.
It seems like a great bargain under $4 everyday at walmart.

Originally Posted by wemay
Ed,

It worries me too.

Ed

Change doesn't automatically mean a company will head in the wrong direction after it.

Maybe true at times.... But letting people go because they make too much $$$.... Is garbage in my opinion.

That behavior pattern does indicate something is amiss in that circumstance.

My step father worked at the oil refinery in Yorktown Va... Under Amoco then BP, then Giant and then Western... Never got let go obviously and... Did not get a cut in salary... in fact made more money as time went on with those changes.

I am not purchasing Fram oil filters.... Because I don't like how that was handled. You vote with your money... And those number2 exits lost my vote.

I been using the improved fram extra gaurds since my stash of napa golds ran out and I missed the last couple of napa sales on the golds. If I can remember I will stock back up on golds first week of october. I had no problem running the older style from time to time but since they now have silicone anti drains, improved media and now rated for 10,000 miles its bargain. With that said all the extra gaurds I have used have cost like $3.88. Some I needed was $6.xx but for that price I went ahead a spent little more for ultra or tough gaurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back