I want a Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by JasonC
[Linked Image]

Lol, noone is arguing.

OP= Me want 6 speed manual 5.7 Challenger!
Everyone in this thread who owns a Charger or Challenger, plus me and others= Screw a 5.7!
OP= I hate you leave me alone!

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK!

OK, at least the sixth time now: you have given up, therefore your opinion is meaningless. You seem to be under the delusion that I still want it.

STOP TROLLING MY THREAD!

Originally Posted by Ws6

No, you just want your own opinion typed back to you from someone elses keyboard.

No, I want a 6-speed Chally.

Sorry bro, but disagreeing isnt trolling.

No, but YOUR posts are trolling.

It's just you whining because others arent giving you what you want. I've presented an opinion, data, and supported it, and literally every person in this thread who owns a Challenger or Charger has backed that opinion (that the 5.7 is in no-man's land giving v6 performance with v8 insurance and fuel cost) . You're just mad because you didnt want anyone's opinion, just validation of your own.

No, I am disgusted because you did not actually READ the first post, you did not understand it, or you understood it and chose to ignore it anyway. Until you showed up halfway down the second page, the responses were almost unanimously positive.

That's pretty obvious looking at post #2, and then your reply in #3. Why do you even make threads? Just post that junk on Facebook so you can unfriend anyone who says anything other than your own words back to you and you can have your beloved echo chamber.

A Hellcat was clearly not a serious recommendation.

That's a nice looking Challenger. The reasons I traded mine was the 6 speed was for me a mistake. I live in a metro area and it was just a PITA. A 5-speed would be better in a V-8 car but all the mfgs are competing with each other. The second generation 2015+ has a huge blind spot because of the bigger headrest. Blind spot/lane change option would be nice on those. I had the Super Track Pack with factory lowered suspension. It rides too rough for me with a bad back and scrapes over speed bumps, parking curbs, etc. The gas mileage is actually ok. I would average 26 mpg mostly highway on road trips to WV in the mountains, but the six with the 8 speed auto will have similar real world performance + better mileage than the 5.7 with the manual. If I were to do it all over again and buy a Challenger I would get the 3.6 SXT Plus with blind spot and Blacktop pkg which looks so cool with the upgraded wheels, etc. I would get what you want, but I'm from the era where the modern six cyl Challenger would outrun cars like my old 1970 Camaro with the 307 V-8 and 3 speed automatic. I don't get the hate for V-6 muscle cars. It's mostly Facebook and forums and personally I'm not going to try to impress someone I only know from my phone. Edit: I'm hearing about lifter and water pump issues with 5.7 engines too, so I believe the six would be an even better choice taking that into account.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
One more time, first post in the thread:
I really, really want a 6-speed Chally."

Now you should be more informed. Go get one but like everyone else said, there's not much performance difference in the real world with the six cylinder and the 5.7 has reliability issues. Oh and I forgot about the timing chains can break on the older ones. The Pentastar is a better engine. Also the 6.4 doesn't seem to have the same issues that the 5.7 has.

Originally Posted by Silverado12

Now you should be more informed. Go get one but like everyone else said, there's not much performance difference in the real world with the six cylinder and the 5.7 has reliability issues. Oh and I forgot about the timing chains can break on the older ones. The Pentastar is a better engine. Also the 6.4 doesn't seem to have the same issues that the 5.7 has.

This is just a thread of affirmation...but oddly he isnt following through and buying his wittle chally.

Want.

We rarely agree on anything.

But that's a good looking car, and if you want and can afford it, go get it.

Life is short...

Originally Posted by 02SE
Want.

Life is short...

I just noticed it's got really high mileage (155K). I've seen them with 50-60K around here for about 15-16k.

Originally Posted by Ws6
This is just a thread of affirmation...but oddly he isnt following through and buying his wittle chally.
He just stated that he wants one. I want a lot of different things, but I am not going out and buying them anytime soon.

Maybe he's just shooting the breeze?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Ws6
He just stated that he wants one. I want a lot of different things, but I am not going out and buying them anytime soon.

Maybe he's just shooting the breeze?

Possible.

I'd like a FS90, please!

Want.

Life is short...

I just noticed it's got really high mileage (155K). I've seen them with 50-60K around here for about 15-16k.

I noticed that too. But one thing I have learned is that the OP wants what he wants, and no one is going to tell him there are better options.

So I'm just saying to the OP: Go and buy it already.

Originally Posted by dwcopple

I'd like a FS90, please!

Spell it right first!

It's not like I'll be getting one, so I can afford to be an ignorant plebe.

The V6 is not available with a manual transmission.

So, yet again, at least the fifth time: "I really, really want a 6-speed Chally." Please keep rereading that until you understand it.

Want.

Life is short...

I haven't. Under 100K is over $15K.

I want a base R/T...preferably with no leather and DEFINITELY no sunroof.

After my wife noted I haven't driven my Caddy to work since May because of the fact I work in a really bad area...I'm not buying a Challenger until my terminal moves, which is scheduled for October.

October of 2017.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back