Porsche wants 50% of its sales to be fully electric or electrified by 2025

wemay

Site Donor 2023
https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-718-boxster-and-cayman-fans-wont-be-happy-about-this-change

Below is part of the story. Click on link for full read...

Screenshot_20190920-065247_Chrome.jpg

Second car was a question I had over a year ago. Wonder what percentage of Tesla buyers only have a lone Tesla

Just towing the company line from VW Group.

What annoys me about this BEV push is that a huge portion of the population either does not have access to or has very inconvenient access to a charging station. For example there are 5.6 million multi-family properties. Multi-family is defined as 2 or more units. These households cannot charge an EV.

Then there's the townhomes, single family homes which have either 1-car garage, no garage, or on-street parking. These vehicles cannot charge an EV. So basically the only people who can realistically live with a BEV are those who have a two-car garage AND a relatively short commute to just about anywhere they would want to work.

This is why I think Toyota is being smart by staying with hybrid models. They don't want to alienate 30 percent of the driving public.

Last edited:
There is an agenda for sure. California the big pusher of electric cars and can barely keep up with the electric load on a hot day. with the generation plants over the hill the Ecotards feel good about their green vehicles.

Gee and all this time, I thought the customer decided what it wanted to buy...

Build it and they will come...

That's why there are electric cattle prods, so you get with the program. Much more efficient and earth friendly than the gas powered sort.

And turn up that temp on the AC or we're going to do it for you,

Last edited:
That's great! More gas and gas powered vehicles for those of us who choose not to buy into the electric vehicle nonsense.

Originally Posted by CT8
California the big pusher of electric cars and can barely keep up with the electric load on a hot day.

I don't know about California, but many places, when there is peak demand, they fire up diesel generators to generate electricity. This makes things very backward and wasteful when you have to fire up diesel generators to make electricity to power electric vehicles, instead of burning diesel directly in a vehicle. The conversion losses are incredible.

Originally Posted by CT8
There is an agenda for sure. California the big pusher of electric cars and can barely keep up with the electric load on a hot day. with the generation plants over the hill the Ecotards feel good about their green vehicles.

It's really the EU (home market) and China. The Chinese govt is essentially demanding 100 percent EV.

I hate our Model 3.
CA forced me to buy it with all this darn sunshine and solar panels.
I hate the immeatiate torque, starting every day with a full tank, comfort and handling.
And charging stations at work. And the computer lane.

I hate my Tesla so much I want another one...

All good Jeff … so we can count on the gassers leaving your signature line soon ?

Originally Posted by SVTCobra
If you can afford an electric Porsche, I guess you can rent/buy a second car for those road trips. Or just fly.

I ran some numbers a while back and figured that if I switched to an EV, the money I'd save on gas alone would cover all the rentals and flights I'd want for the longer trips I'd take, and I'd still come out ahead at the end of the year. AFAICT, the same is true of everyone else I've run the numbers for.

Then there's the fact that your brakes last longer, there's no regular maintenance required, and there's less stuff that can break.

Even factoring in the cost of replacing the battery pack, at an interval that seems reasonable given current info, doesn't offset the gains.

AFAICT this doesn't always work out for people who own Teslas out of warranty because of Tesla's spotty quality to date. But it should be right on target for EVs made by bigger, better-established automakers.

Originally Posted by 4WD
All good Jeff … so we can count on the gassers leaving your signature line soon ?

Love 'em all.
People ask me which one is the best.
TBT, the RX does the most the best while the Model 3 is the most fun.
If I could have only 1, the RX would probably be it because it can do so many things.
Of course a pickup is a tool, so it is a necessity. My cowboy friends tell me, "Ya ain't shXX if ya ain't got a truck."
And the 4-4-2 will never leave; it was Sue's father's car.
The GS is just a great car, if ya can afford to feed it.

Of course, CA may FORCE me to get rid of the gassers, ya never know...
Elon runs the state ya know.

Last edited:
Hope they don't force anything … seems capitalism is moving the EV and alternative energy progress at a decent pace already …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Hope they don't force anything … seems capitalism is moving the EV and alternative energy progress at a decent pace already …

EVs are an alternative for buyers. Smart alternative in some ways, not so smart in others.
Early adopters are paying a premium, for sure.

There is obviously a strong demand or companies would not be spending billions to develop them.
No one is forcing me or anyone. Incentives? Yes.

All good.

Last edited:
Yep
seeing more and more EV/Hybrids on the freeway mixed in with big trucks hauling bigger & bigger white blades
Let ‘er roll with the hacks as customers only … keep hands off.
Now, if I'd had only been offered a great incentive for the higher SEER HVAC ? Nope, but hydrogen incentives were great at that time.

The American market does not factor in these decisions. These decisions are made for China and Northern Europe.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

No one is forcing me or anyone. Incentives? Yes.

All good.

The key word here is YET.

California is already forcing all new houses to have solar panels installed. They may even try to force old homes to be retrofitted.

I would not call it "all good" unless you're just focusing on today and very near future. But long term, the push is clear and it is not driven by any naturally occurring demand. It is forced.

Last edited:
Back