Emission Readiness monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand some systems need 2 drive cycles to run the test and normally this wouldn't be an issue with my Infiniti.

In the past, I've cleared codes and roundtrip to work, all montoirs are set and pass. Work is roughly 20 highway miles away.

I just got some evap work done and I wanted to see if it truly passes. I've literally put 300 miles on the car and it still didn't test for evap leaks nor does it say its ready. I read it needs to 55mph and between 3/4 to 1/4 tank of gas. I filled it up to 3/4 and started, took it down to 1/4 and then did a full tank.

I took it back to the shop and they said the CEL is not on and i should just keep driving it. I've seen all other cars run and pass these tests all within 150 miles. I know like VAGCOM and VW you can force the car to test it, anyone knows of scan tools that can do this other then the Consult? Or another way to make the car test it.

The good thing is here in IL, emission testings allows 1 monitor to not be ready and still pass so I'm good for the next 2 years but I'm still annoyed it's not testing.

It will go faster if you keep your fuel tank below 1/2 a tank and closer to 1/4 tank. It has to do with maximum pressure and vacuum values that can be achieved during the drive cycles. That is hard to achieve if one likes to keep their fuel tanks filled like I do. I learned the hard way on my 99 Silverado.

I just went through exactly this with my Suburban. Someone linked a list of OBD2 procedures for GM vehicles and I followed it to the letter. Seems to have moved things along. One of them was coast down to 20 mph from 55. Who ever does that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back