tropical storm imelda blows up everynight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thing happened with Hurricane Harvey a few years back, you think it's over and the radar shows it's moving on only to wakeup to it blowing and pouring down rain again just like it was when it first started. I don't get it, then the weatherman never knows what it's going to do either because they say expect rainfall thru Wednesday, then it's Friday and still raining.

I guess it has to do with the daytime heating, etc I mean I thought this thing was over yesterday and it rained more today than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had a drenching and the trees got a haircut and shave … hopefully Jerry heads NE and stays offshore …

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
"blows up" just like Fram O.C.O.D.'s

Excellent metaphor my friend. lol

was just reading (and learning) that earthworms are considered an evasive species at least in the USA and while beneficial in the general soil (like a lawn or garden or field) they are not so good in the forest. They help decompose the leaf clutter but they do it too fast. The forest needs the insulation the leaf clutter brings. Without it erosion and trees can be toppled easier.

I have 26 acres and probably 20 are woods. I see trees blown over in the middle of the woods. Hard to figure out why it would happen in the middle of the woods.

Far too much of the area in and around Houston was built on land that never should have been built on in the first place. The same can be said for New Orleans. Replacing flooded ruins with new rebuilt property is like trying to put a Band-Aid on a cancerous sore.

Originally Posted by billt460
Far too much of the area in and around Houston was built on land that never should have been built on in the first place. The same can be said for New Orleans. Replacing flooded ruins with new rebuilt property is like trying to put a Band-Aid on a cancerous sore.

You're better off living by the water, that way everything runs off into the water. The people who live in a concrete oasis are the ones you hear about flooding all the time.

this will be the future. Infra- structure has to account for it . The Dutch don't have flood problems. Contouring drainage to handle 5' of water is gonna a project.

Originally Posted by billt460

Yep. Storm drainage can only do so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back