2019 Lexus UX 250h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I traded in my beloved 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4cylinder ("Marathon Man")

The UX Hybrid uses an Atkinsonized version of the 2.0L engine found in Corolla Hatchback. Everything is so precise. There is world class 41% thermal efficiency. The computer controls it all. There is an electric thermostat and electric oil pump. Of course fuel delivery is controlled by D4-S, Toyota's fuel injection/direct injection combo. Intake valves are sharply angled and oval in shape to maximize efficient, complete burning of the fuel-air mixture. Intake valve seats are laser clad. Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) is involved in construction of some engine components.

I am going to really struggle in long term motor oil selection.

M1 AFE 0W16 vs TGMO 0W16.

There absolutely must be a perfect maintenance plan.

Im jealous. I bought a used Venza, if I had the money..id of gone Lexus... i think you are overthinking it! Toyota/Lexus run great on everything! Lol.

Very nice, congrats. I'd go with the Mobil 1 0w16.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
Today, I traded in my beloved 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4cylinder ("Marathon Man")

The UX Hybrid uses an Atkinsonized version of the 2.0L engine found in Corolla Hatchback. Everything is so precise. There is world class 41% thermal efficiency. The computer controls it all. There is an electric thermostat and electric oil pump. Of course fuel delivery is controlled by D4-S, Toyota's fuel injection/direct injection combo. Intake valves are sharply angled and oval in shape to maximize efficient, complete burning of the fuel-air mixture. Intake valve seats are laser clad. Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) is involved in construction of some engine components.

I am going to really struggle in long term motor oil selection.

M1 AFE 0W16 vs TGMO 0W16.

There absolutely must be a perfect maintenance plan.

When I first bought a CX5 in 2015, it blew my mind how much tech went into the engines in these CUV's. I figured companies only reserved that for Halo cars like the Z06, etc. but my CX5s are much more high tech than my LS7 ever dreamed of being.

I'd use the oil weight recommended by the factory. Mobil 1 is the easy button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back