Gas theft

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to prevent this Gas prices all ready over 4$ a gallon for premium

(I prefer premium as i get way better fuel mileage over regular fuel )

18.5MPG vs 23.5MPG

87 octnae =
0.1999 per mile

91 octane
0.167 per mile (my last fill up was 23.9mpg)

$4.67 per 23.5 miles 87 octane
$3.99 per 23.5 miles 91 octane

make better
49.gif
49.gif
too just pay a bit more upfront...

I have been keeping an eye on my fuel log and for sure someone must have been stealing my fuel

as my city mileage dropped to 14 to 16.5 mpg
mad.gif
(my highway only was normal mileage 23 as i filled up before the trip)

you can see the smoothness on the latest fillups for the city
vs the ripple previously

someone made a mistake and forgot to close the fuel door all the way
frown.gif

since I had talked about getting a dash camera outside the city mileage has returned to normal. 23.9 on my last fill up I drive more city then i do highway and my CITY mileage is twice what my old V6 had gotten

Captureaaa.JPG

Last edited:
Over $4/gallon? It's was still around $2.10 this morning around here.

I just park in the garage, but in our area I've never been concerned about any theft of any sort. Everyone knows everyone else, and we don't have to live in fear of someone stealing gas.

With all the oil and gas wells in California I wonder where all the tax dollars go?

Originally Posted by CT8
With all the oil and gas wells in California I wonder where all the tax dollars go?

No laws requiring the oil they pull from the ground to be used to make gas for that area it came from. Makes no sense actually. Why sell it locally when more money can be made selling it elsewhere or exporting overseas.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Locking gas caps are available.

ðŸ‘...Problem meet solution

Hmm Cali gives away all those kinds of "benefits" for free and there's people that still want to take more from others? I'm shocked.

Around here, people leave their front doors unlocked around the clock, guys leave the keys in their pickup trucks, sheds with lawnmowers and gas cans simply have the doors pushed closed.... and nothing turns up stolen or missing. I guess it's a reminder of the lesson that when you (l)earn the value of your work, you tend to respect others' efforts as well. That applies everywhere though; there are certainly hardworking folks in Cali this obviously doesn't apply to.

OP, I'd tend to agree with ms; I've tried on some of my own vehicles and never been able to get a drop out, especially on capless tanks. That's why they come with a funnel, because if you just partially stick something in the hole it does not actually make it to the tank. One time I "oopsed" and barely had the nozzle in my Fusion when I squeezed the lever- gas poured out around the filler neck. You specified city driving, so it's much more likely you either had a math mistake, or simply had more idling or some other reason than a fuel bandit. The fact that your 3.5-ton truck got 15mpg in the city is more likely than somebody stealing fuel 5 times in 3 weeks.

Capless Gas Tanks

Then it's official. Gasoline in California costs more than in Canada. It's all about tax,

Kinda like a race to the bottom, eh?

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Then it's official. Gasoline in California costs more than in Canada. It's all about tax,

Does California get free health care as well?

Originally Posted by Fawteen

Does California get free health care as well?

Most do...free to them anyways

Originally Posted by CT8

Welfare & social programs ?

As has been suggested , locking gas cap .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back