P21S Windshield Washer Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cars stay parked outside under trees, so there's always dust and gunk on the windshield. I decided to try this P21S washer additive to help boost the strength of my regular washer fluid. I've been using it a few days and like it so far. A single burst of the squirters usually clears up the windshield versus a few bursts before. It does a good job getting tree sap off, whereas the Rain-X bug fluid before would only get like 80% off. Hopefully, this translates to less wear-and-tear on the wipers.

One thing I've noticed is that it thickens up the washer fluid. This causes some deposits of the washer/booster mix to stay on the glass. Not a big deal but just an observation.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I use this along with Nextzett Scheibenklar diluted in my reservoir. It beats the generic orange stuff hands down.

The rainy season is just getting started here and generally goes for 8-9 months. Having good washer fluid is essential

It's a great product.

I use the Einzett version of it. It's pricey but nothing else cleans as well.

The automakers frown upon washer fluid with rain repellent these days. Not only does it gunk up but it can interfere with some ADAS systems that use cameras for machine vision(Subaru EyeSight, Toyota Safety Sense C). Those cameras might not be able to see through beads of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back