Post your latest oil change

2008 Tundra 5.7
Out : unknown bulk dealer oil (service receipt said 5w30) and filter. 2k OCI. Found that the dealer double stacked the gasket on the canister drain.

In : Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5w20 + OEM filter

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
2008 Tundra 5.7
Out : unknown bulk dealer oil (service receipt said 5w30) and filter. 2k OCI. Found that the dealer double stacked the gasket on the canister drain.

In : Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5w20 + OEM filter

LOL this is why you DIY

'17 Subaru Forester NA

Oil run 4/6/19-9/17/19, 24,222-30,386

Out: VME 0W-20, M1 filter

In: VME 0W-20, M1 filter

2017 Kia Sportage:
Out - M1 5w20, oem filter
In - RP 5w30, Carquest premium 85334
Engine was super noisy with M1, found out the dealer over tighten the drain plug, and the filter was leaking

2015 MB GLA250:
Out - M1 0w40, Hengst filter
In - MB 5w40, OEM
This car loves M1

Last edited:
2019 Nissan Frontier 4.0 V6 , 5300 miles on truck

First oil change, checked oil when purchase new, check oil level right before changing , level stayed the same midpoint between H and L.

Out- factory fill and factory filter, oil was clean
In-Havoline Pro DS 10/30, 5 plus quarts and a WIX XP filter.
New crush copper washer torque to about 23#.

Still trying to decide if I love or hate the 6qt boxed oil.

Originally Posted by passgas55
2019 Nissan Frontier 4.0 V6 , 5300 miles on truck

First oil change, checked oil when purchase new, check oil level right before changing , level stayed the same midpoint between H and L.

Out- factory fill and factory filter, oil was clean
In-Havoline Pro DS 10/30, 5 plus quarts and a WIX XP filter.
New crush copper washer torque to about 23#.

Still trying to decide if I love or hate the 6qt boxed oil.

I don't want to use the word hate ...¡ but I dislike it
Used in my Caravan I made a mess then I used 2nd one on power equipment I had to get a quart bottle fill it then fill equipment again a mess. I have decided not to purchase the boxes anymore.

Last edited:
That's the downside to large quantity packaging. When you dont have a full five or six qt capacity, or you just need a qt, adding from the big containers sucks. I do however like the Bay box set ups for shops. As long as you have your easy to read container you can easily deal out only what you need. Of course, having the racks that houses all of it is nice. For me personally, when it comes to my car, I buy qts because it holds 4.5 and it's easier to measure half qt intervals from qt bottles, for me at least. That means I have to look for sales instead of Walmarts everyday low prices.

'17 Porsche 982 ~15,000 miles.

Out: Mobil 1 5W-50, OE filter
In: ~6 quarts Mobil 1 5W-50 & OE filter.

Note 5W-50 is an approved viscosity and has A40 certification.

Service reminder reset requires specific software. Rationalized its procurement as "it'll pay for itself!"
smile.gif

982 Motor Sump Drain.JPG

982 Oil Filter Housing Crankcase.JPG

982 Oil Filter.JPG

982 Durametric Service Reset.JPG

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
How much was the oil filter?

OE Mahle-Knecht #9A2-107-225-00 replete with O-ring and crush washer is ~$12.

And my labor is pretty reasonable, too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
1972 Dodge Polara
1973 440, second oil change after freshen up
awhile back, has mild Mopar Performance flat tappet cam and matching valve springs

Out: Mobil Delvac 15w40, old white/blue Purolator from their good reputation era

In:
-3 quarts of 18 year old NOS SJ pre-Brad Penn green dyed Kendall GT1 SAE 40
-3 quarts of SM Formula Shell 5w20 to thin it a bit
-1 pint of SLOB additive to help the FS

Maybe I'm crazy for doing this but have done it many times before with no issues. In the end, it's close enough to 30 weight.....

Wow, that Kendall SAE 40 is ancient since it has Kendall HQ listed in Philadelphia. I'm a big Kendall fan and a former PA guy.

2017 Elantra Eco - Odometer 69,929

49 day/6,236 mile OCI

Out/In - 5W-30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, Fram XG9688

Per Fuelly, I put on almost 44K miles on her in 364 days. Debating if I am ready to go HM with Mobil 1 EP HM or if we'll keep with EP/Ultra Platinum.

Also considering a viscosity change on both Turbos to a 5W-40... we'll let the UOA determine that at 75K I suppose.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
1972 Dodge Polara
1973 440, second oil change after freshen up
awhile back, has mild Mopar Performance flat tappet cam and matching valve springs

Out: Mobil Delvac 15w40, old white/blue Purolator from their good reputation era

In:
-3 quarts of 18 year old NOS SJ pre-Brad Penn green dyed Kendall GT1 SAE 40
-3 quarts of SM Formula Shell 5w20 to thin it a bit
-1 pint of SLOB additive to help the FS

Maybe I'm crazy for doing this but have done it many times before with no issues. In the end, it's close enough to 30 weight.....

Wow, that Kendall SAE 40 is ancient since it has Kendall HQ listed in Philadelphia. I'm a big Kendall fan and a former PA guy.

Yeah, it really is ancient, it is the old green stuff, pre-Brad Penn.

'18 Accord Hybrid

Oil run 4/9/19-9/19/19; 10,018-20,220

Out: HGMO 0W-20, M1 filter

In: HGMO 0W-20, M1 filter

Back