first walmart battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Walmart sells more than just one kind of battery. If I were you I would get the battery that has the cheapest price, and the most reliability at the same time. Of course nine times out of ten that never happens, so just find a brand with a good mix.

Originally Posted by Bonnelvr92
Well Walmart sells more than just one kind of battery. If I were you I would get the battery that has the cheapest price, and the most reliability at the same time. Of course nine times out of ten that never happens, so just find a brand with a good mix.

I noticed in Walmart Monday that they are now offering a platinum series battery that is an AGM. Didn't see a price but would guess well north of $100.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted by Bonnelvr92

I noticed in Walmart Monday that they are now offering a platinum series battery that is an AGM. Didn't see a price but would guess well north of $100.

It is $149.98 I believe denso fan....

Originally Posted by Carmudgeon
Originally Posted by Piston_slap
I don't doubt any experiences from the posters here but how do you think Johnson Controls stay in business? You'd think their failure rate was nearly 100% in this forum. The Group-65 I bought at Wal*mart last year gives me no cause for worry. I know it may be more revealing a few years down the road but we'll see and judge it then.

If this forum was solely reflective of the world at large, it would be a quite different place.

FWIW, I've been using JCI-made 48/91/H6 batteries for at least 25 years, and have not had an issue, even after deep discharging a couple of them. OTOH, a Costco-labeled 35 died before the warranty period expired.

Johnson Controls is a Fortune 500 conglomerate that makes far more than car batteries, in which they're the largest in a consolidated market. They'd have to have some serious issues to fail. Exide was nailed for selling used batteries as new, bribery and being sued for leaving polluted sites behind, and they're still around.

Yes, there is some misleading info in this forum. I too have used JC batteries for years with nothing noteworthy about them, work as they should and I get about 5 years life from their upper tier flooded models.

Originally Posted by Nukeman7

Everyone here is making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you are looking at WalMart batteries (e.g., EverStart MAXX, EverStart, ValuePower), all you need to do is to look at the Item Number that is on the barcode sticker. East Penn batteries will start with an "EP", while Johnson Control batteries will start with "JC". That's it...go see for yourself.

Good to know, thanks.

I think I had a JCI battery on the lawn tractor; didn't make it 4 years. But it sat at least one winter fully discharged so I'll call that a wash. Looks like its replacement is an EP--just looked but the bar code is just numbers. Regardless. Will keep battery indoors this year and put on a trickle charger to see how long it lasts.

Wife's car has one also; probably JCI. If it ever dies it will be stupid-fast to replace in a Walmart parking lot. BTDT. I forget if I put the receipt into the car or not but I think it's out of warranty anyhow.

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by Nukeman7

Everyone here is making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you are looking at WalMart batteries (e.g., EverStart MAXX, EverStart, ValuePower), all you need to do is to look at the Item Number that is on the barcode sticker. East Penn batteries will start with an "EP", while Johnson Control batteries will start with "JC". That's it...go see for yourself.

Good to know, thanks.

I think I had a JCI battery on the lawn tractor; didn't make it 4 years. But it sat at least one winter fully discharged so I'll call that a was.

thats a sure way to destroy any lead acid battery.

My son bought his first ever Walmart battery today.
Group 96
Walmart was $99.00 installed
AZ and Advance was $160 for the same battery

That's crazy !!!🥴

Originally Posted by 93cruiser
First walmart battery in 27 years of driving.

Under 100 bucks, 3 year free replacement, walmarts are everywhere and open all the time. Why not.

Looked at napa, bj's, advanced, autozone, sears, ended up with walmart. Hoping for the best.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Lead-Acid-Automotive-Battery-Group-Size-24F/49988378

Yeah we have a lot of Walmart batteries when possible and the warranty is unbeatable for the price especially in the South where heat can really kill batteries.
I can remember once possibly twice in the last 13 years a battery failed around the 35th month and got a free replacement.
I don't see how you can go wrong after all a major battery manufacturer makes the batteries not Walmart.
It's hard to compare batteries listening to opinions of others because one doesn't know if the vehicle is killing the battery or if it's actually the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back