Carbon chains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another post has got me wondering. There used to be advertisements for synthetics and the uniformity of the synthesized products being exact and specific and thus better than conventional oils and their long, branched and possibly chaotic molecular string. I need some education in class III hydrocracked synthetic oils. I believe that the chains become uniform but are still longer, branched and not specific in design. Is any of this true or am I making false assumptions?

Enhanced Tensile Plasticity in Ultrafine Lamellar Eutectic Al-CuBased Composites with α-Al Dendrites Prepared by Progressive Solidification

Way above my pay grade.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Base Oil Structures

Truly fascinating stuff...thanks so much for sharing! I appreciate that there is so much info in a very succinct presentation.
I have to admit that I read a bit about hydrocracking before and still managed to mix this up...my mind likes to assume that the hydro- in the term is from water (like in hydroelectricity) instead of hydrogen. I would guess that most people would not appreciate their oil coming pre-oxidized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back