2016 Range Rover reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know in general Land Rover brand reliability is low. But I wanted to know specifically about 2016 Range Rover. Does this model also suffer from the same realiability issue that other year and models of LR do ?
It would be great to hear from actual owners or auto technicians who work on these. Do you take(see) the car in the shop so often ? and if you do then for what kind of issues ? Are they just pesky minor issues or major failures ?

Originally Posted by Chris142
His shop is huge!

That's so hoovie can store all his cars there.

Modern Rovers, say from 2011 or so, should be fine for the first 100k or so. I would not want to own an LR as a DD beyond that, but many do. Earlier ones can be problematic and even now, LR won't (can't) have Honda or Toyota reliability, but I would put them above our Jeeps and GM, but below BMW overall. This is from our and our family and friends' actual experience.

I have had three recent RR's since 2011; 2 RR Sports and my current and favorite so far is a '17 full size RR HSE turbodiesel. The two prior RR Sports had a few glitches in the initial 10k miles or so (inop steering wheels heater, blue screens), but were fine after. One needed a battery early on. The RR HSE has been great for the 44K so far, but did need a suspension air pump. None resulted in a stuck vehicle, all issues were handled under warranty and the loaners are always nice.

Talk to actual owners and give second hand rumors the appropriate weight. Find a reputable local independent LR mechanic for post warranty work. They are complex, premium vehicles so set your expectations accordingly, but our experience is positive. I'd recommend one.

Dude doesn't look like a LR guy.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by joegreen
Originally Posted by Chris142
His shop is huge!

That's so hoovie can store all his cars there.

I think he also shares it with some sort of tractor mechanic

Had this Disco years ago and didn't remember it having too many problems. But then, like in the video where the guy says his has a simple Ford engine, the Disco had a Buick.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Originally Posted by atikovi
Had this Disco years ago and didn't remember it having too many problems. But then, like in the video where the guy says his has a simple Ford engine, the Disco had a Buick.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

nice early Disco

Thanks for your comments. It still has some factory warranty left so thats good. Perhaps I could look into some exended warranty options ?

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
So the key is to avoid the BMW engines

Land Rover was thrown around like a football between BMW and Ford. Honda owned the rights to the Rover name when British Leyland went under. But Rover wasn't doing well under Honda control. BMW stepped in but only wanted the Land Rover/Range Rover brands.

Range Rovers were moved over to BMW drivetrains and electronics. Land Rovers soldiered on with the old Buick V8 and the parts bin. It wasn't until Ford ownership that Land Rovers started to use Ford stuff - the LR3 used the same Cologne V6/5R55E as the Explorer and Ranger. The ties between Jaguar and Land Rover were made tighter under Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back