How Do You Listen to Music ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays survey is "How Do You Listen to Music" ?

1) In my car it's mostly the radio sometimes the Cd player.

2) At home on the computer it's mostly YouTube or Slacker.

1) In my car primarily with the CD player because my phone's bluetooth is pathetic. Sometimes I will listen to FM, we have a local-owned classic station that isn't a cookie-cutter big-corporate one (WNKO if anyone cares)

2) Streaming from TuneIn on my phone, wired earbuds. Usually classic country or a prank call podcast I like to listen to.

In the car, music from SD card.

At home, either pulling music from my media server via PC or via SqueezeBox or CCA.

When traveling (not by car), DAP and earphones.

I put a record on the Thorens turntable and listen to it through the vintage Fisher speakers.

Or I listen to my wife playing the piano. Or I sit down at the piano and play.

IPhone 7. I had to buy a special cord to patch to the Burb since Apple got rid of the jack. Also, I bought a cheap Bluetooth gizmo to stream to a FM channel. There are lots of FM frequencies open in my area = no interference. There is about 100 miles of no FM or cell coverage in a mountain pass I travel through frequently.

Last edited:
1. Pandora stations. That translates to anywhere where there is WiFi or cellular reception (and not in Germany, apparently).
2. Youtube - for that one song that pops into my head.

I have an MP3 player in the Truck, Trans Am and Caprice. Also listen to FM in the cars.

I have Alexa in the house with Amazon Music.

Mostly YouTube Music on my phone through earbuds. I have about 450 liked songs on shuffle play, which gives about 24 hours of varied listening pleasure.
Sometimes I spin CD's in my truck player.
Sometimes I listen to engine music.

Whatever 106.5 is playing in the morning. At lunch I switch to Rush Limbaugh and 640kfi on the way home. Both my Jeep and truck still have cassette players that are broken. The Toyota and Tahoe both have a cd stuck in them

Mostly vinyl at home-- even my wife and kids cue up their favorite records. In the car, Ipod.

Last edited:
My truck, CD or FM.
Wifes SUV, Sirius or FM.
On the motorcycle, usually the music on my phone, but occasionally Pandora.
In the garage, Pandora
On computer, Sirius online or youtube if there is a particular song or album I want to hear.

we have unlimited data on the phones, therefore we stream YT for music only, while TuneIn App for talk shows

I have a large CD collection stored in my basement. All of those CDs have been downloaded onto my old 160 GB iPod Classic. I have over 2,000 songs on it. I plug it into the USB port on my car's head unit and stow it away in the glove box. I control the iPod from the head unit (all of my cars have either an aftermarket head unit with USB input, or they came from the factory with one). That's pretty much all I listen to.

I also plug the iPod into my garage stereo when I'm in there working on stuff. That's pretty much the only time I listen to music at home.

During the day at work I use my phone to stream IHeart Radio free version to a little Ihome Bluetooth speaker I keep on my windowsill. I used to listen to Pandora but it got so repetitive with their preference learning algorithm I changed to IHeart. It's just background music during the work day anyway, the speaker is not exactly high fidelity but is good enough. Usually listen to Rush Radio, Dire Straits Radio, Journey, The Cars and Thin Lizzy Radio channels, between all of those I get a decent mix of some of what I like. I don't use the actual radio stations on IHeart.

In the car I stream Iheart from my phone to the factory radio, also use a flash drive with about 33 GB of MP3's on it. On my laptop I use an old set of Sony earbuds and listen to Youtube, Spotify, or an online station from England, Rock-Melodic Radio. I also have some MP3's stored on my phone for when I get tired of online radio.

With both ears..is there another way?...‚

Amazon music on ph connect to car rcvr via BT or via Echo (sound bar in LR) in home.

Got an Apple Music subscription a few years back and never looked back (YouTube, radio, etc.). 50 million songs on-demand for $9 a month and flawless integration on my phone. No brainer.

Either ear buds or Ford Sync when in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back