Upcoming tire sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a rotation on the wife's car, didn't measure depth but my calibrated eyeball says 4/32's. I'd run until Black Friday but one tire has some bad inner shoulder wear so it's time for an alignment and a new set. And the wife says the tires are loud after the rotation--they're due.

Any chance of a sale in the near future, or is it a couple months out? I'm debating if I want to hold off or not. I'm suffering sticker shock at the moment.

[FWIW we have a set of snows ready to slap on, on their own set of rims. So I'm not worried at all about snow performance of a worn out set--it's a non-issue.]

Which car is it for? What tire size?
smile.gif

Are the tires on it now summer tires or all-season?

2011 Camry. 215/60R16. Has all seasons, want another set of quiet all seasons. Planning on a set of RT43's. It's been something like 50k since I put on a set -- so it's lather, rinse, repeat.

Walmart and Town Fair Tire are about $100 per tire. DTD is about $100 also.

Feels like it was just a couple years ago that I got a set for $300! unmounted of course, but still. I priced out alignment, mnt&bal, disposal, and it came out to $620 at Town Fair. It's not an awful price, but for some reason it's giving me pause. It's not really worth my time to mount, drag some place to balance, then still get an alignment--so I want a do-all shop.

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring is $100 a tire and receive a $70 rebate. Disc Tire.

Update: Never mind, in store only.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Les Schwab fall tire sale on right now.

But I'd compare any one's prices against Walmart.

The OP is in New Hampshire and there are no Les Schwab locations in the eastern United States.

Check out Discount Tires Direct. They list the manufacturers that have rebates.

Forgot about CS5. $2 more expensive at Town Fair. But that is a good reminder that there are some other options. I'll have to shop those also.

When is there not a tire sale...some manufacturers have rebates going and if you have costco or sam's club membership they usually have some promo going on but usually not combined with manufacturer rebates though

Originally Posted by supton
2011 Camry. 215/60R16. Has all seasons, want another set of quiet all seasons. Planning on a set of RT43's. It's been something like 50k since I put on a set -- so it's lather, rinse, repeat.

Walmart and Town Fair Tire are about $100 per tire. DTD is about $100 also.

Feels like it was just a couple years ago that I got a set for $300! unmounted of course, but still. I priced out alignment, mnt&bal, disposal, and it came out to $620 at Town Fair. It's not an awful price, but for some reason it's giving me pause. It's not really worth my time to mount, drag some place to balance, then still get an alignment--so I want a do-all shop.

Last time I got a good deal on a set of tripletreds was from Goodyear. They were having a buy 3 get one free so it was a tad under $300 at the time all mounted and balanced. You could try them for tires also. I used to do Town Fair, but now I just do Costco. While Town fair gives you the alignment, that's just a two wheel one, they charge extra for a 4 wheel alignment and if I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather just get a 3 year alignment warranty at Goodyear. Also Town fair doesn't do free balancing and certain tires don't come with a road hazard warranty whereas Costco does, same as BJs, but I've noticed that Costco tends to be a little bit cheaper than BJs.

I guess it's all relative these days, I'm happy just to pay a tad under $800 for my 18" tires.

^ Had eNtires that came on a prius, great tire, except in the snow, but not a problem for you.

Exactly. I got tires for the truck at Discount 20 dollars a tire cheaper because Walmart had them for 200 dollars a piece VS 220.
I love discount tire. Every vehicle I own has tires from Discount on it.

Originally Posted by Rand
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-eNTYRE-215-60R16-99-H-Tire/55180248

nokian eNTYRE for 53.54 at walmart.

That should put you under $300 installed.. and an actual brand name you have heard of.

Ooh, I like that idea. If nothing else I might buy a set at that price and store in the basement. I had a set of eNTYRE in the past (1.0's? it was 10 years ago) and I did like. Too bad I don't have another set of spare rims.

Found my depth gauge and looked this morning. 4/32's on the fronts, 5/32's on the rear. Hrm. Guess I need to send my eyeballs out for calibration. Regardless. One front is missing a good section of inner shoulder, and is noisy, and apparently out of balance to boot. I might have to do a hasty un-rotate tonight, get that bad tire on RR (where it had been). Pulled my records; looks like we did 29k then replaced a pair of tires (one went out of round, so I replaced both). So one pair of tires has 28k and the other pair has 57k. As you can guess, we tossed the new pair up front and didn't rotate for a while so as to balance the wear.

Looked and it seems lately I've been able to hold off on snow tires until well into December. All depends on the forecast.

Originally Posted by ls1mike

Exactly. I got tires for the truck at Discount 20 dollars a tire cheaper because Walmart had them for 200 dollars a piece VS 220.
I love discount tire. Every vehicle I own has tires from Discount on it.

My Discount tire has a sale on now. However the don't do alignments so they lost a customer. I like one stop shopping.

I just bought a set of Continental cross contact LX 25 for a 09 CRV. Bought the set at a local dealer. Final price including an alignment was $40 less than what the price would be for installed tires without an alignment at Discount Tire.. So it does pay to shop around and check prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back