Oil/Gas prices gonna go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MrMoody
Originally Posted by PimTac
True and the sheep will believe anything the fake news media throws at them.

Agree with you there.
The biggest complainers will be the ones driving gasoline gulping vehicles.

I think it's the ones who live far out from work so they can have a nicer house and more space. They should all move into apartments where they can walk to work or use mass transportation and stop wasting resources. Only commercial traffic should be on the roads.
33.gif

I use about $80/mo in my gas hogs at current prices. The wife burns about $125/mo in her fuel efficient car. Who's going to complain more?

In some areas that works. In others with a lack of mass transit or high real estate prices or both as is the case where I live, then it would be difficult.

People are living 60 miles plus away from the metro to find affordable housing. No mass transit beyond a certain radius.

Energy is a volatile market. The noise you hear are the futures traders and bobble head pundits on television crying wolf. In a week or two it will have likely blown over and another news story will be the focus.

All depends if they can get back up and running relatively soon. 5.5million barrels a day has been lost..it won't take that long before global markets (supply) feels that pinch. There may be some ability though for other refiners to back fill some, if not all, of that. Just depends on where they're at right now capacity wise...but even then a protracted repairs will begin to take it's toll. From my understanding Aramco doesn't use off the shelf equipment, so that's part of the headache.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Energy is a volatile market. The noise you hear are the futures traders and bobble head pundits on television crying wolf. In a week or two it will have likely blown over and another news story will be the focus.

All depends if they can get back up and running relatively soon. 5.5million barrels a day has been lost..it won't take that long before global markets (supply) feels that pinch. There may be some ability though for other refiners to back fill some, if not all, of that. Just depends on where they're at right now capacity wise...but even then a protracted repairs will begin to take it's toll. From my understanding Aramco doesn't use off the shelf equipment, so that's part of the headache.

Did the terrorists use up their last 10 weapons or do you think they may be able to get another ten?

Prices at the pump jumped $0.10 overnight. The most interesting is E85 jumped, which is made with domestic corn. What a racket(that I'm not in on!).

Some stations jumped $.36 over night ($2.69-$3.05) and I'd expect the rest to follow today. I filled up to the neck yesterday, so I'm good for awhile.

I don't look; just pay and pay and pay. If it's under $4, I just pump away.
Except when we went to the Great State of Texas.
$2.25 per gallon for rag, or something like that. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Oil prices down 5% as 70% of the lost production will be back in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by buster
Oil prices down 5% as 70% of the lost production will be back in a few weeks.

Yep. All this wringing of hands is useless.

Originally Posted by LotI
I hope oil goes up because I'm sick of dodging bigger and bigger trucks every day.

I hope oil stays the same because I have a big truck which gulps 11.5g/100 miles.

There were at least 2 threads about this yesterday that are gone, must have turned political.

You want everybody to pay more for gas just because you don't like trucks? Brilliant...

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I hope oil goes up because I'm sick of dodging bigger and bigger trucks every day.

I hope oil stays the same because I have a big truck which gulps 11.5g/100 miles.

There were at least 2 threads about this yesterday that are gone, must have turned political.
My biggest concern about this is multiple factors possibly combining to cause a large inflation spike, which combined with an economy already showing signs of a recession, will push us into a full blown recession. I hope not.

Our economy is showing signs of recession? On what planet?

Oh no!! A new storm in the Gulf of Mexico. That will cripple the energy infrastructure and flood Texas.

I should be on television.

Oh no!! A new storm in the Gulf of Mexico. That will cripple the energy infrastructure and flood Texas.
I should be on television.
lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif

My mother watches The Weather Channel all the time, and always thinks the world is about to end.

Originally Posted by buster
American bears, wrong since 1790.

Yes, over the long term, but there have been a few periods that could impact you if at the right age. The 70's and early 80's Malaise and the 2008 crisis come to mind

Things will continue and the oil traders will determine the price.There is certainly a tremendous amount of oil in storage or in transport. It will probably take a month before anyone on the planet is denied a shipment of oil.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by bullwinkle

My biggest concern about this is multiple factors possibly combining to cause a large inflation spike, which combined with an economy already showing signs of a recession, will push us into a full blown recession. I hope not.

Our economy is showing signs of recession? On what planet?

Expect it to hit within 12 months or so. Trump has really screwed things up.

Ohh yeah... This nonsense...

Give it a rest... Go somewhere else for this kind of back and forth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back