motul eco-lite 5w30

hi,
anybody has experienced it and can shed a light on it?
been using castrol magnatec stop start a5 5w30 and loving it because it makes the engine run smooth and quiet,wanted to know if this motul does the same or better in those departments,
tnx a lot.

Its a good oil but usually pricey. What Auto and engine is this going in ?

I have used 8100 Econ-Nergey in 5W30 grade and it was the best synthetic - though very low viscosity - I've run.

In very cold North East USA Winters (-20C) starting and warmup was like the car was in a heated garage!

its for a 2.5 n.a skyactive mazda engine.
can get it 20% cheaper than castrol,valvoline and 50% than m1.
is the eco lite is similar to the energy?
tnx.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

I have used 8100 Econ-Nergey in 5W30 grade and it was the best synthetic - though very low viscosity - I've run.

In very cold North East USA Winters (-20C) starting and warmup was like the car was in a heated garage!

in what way it was the best,have u used castrol,and what do u mean low viscosity?using in israel which is a warm country,summer 40,winter around 10 celsius.
tnk u so much.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by avi1777
8100 eco-lite to be exact.
tnx

I have a liter of this oil from an Amazon mistake (they said it was 12 but only 1 arrived and they told me to keep it).
What current synthetic would be good to mix this with? (similar additive package)...Thanks

Originally Posted by avi1777
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

in what way it was the best,have u used castrol,and what do u mean low viscosity?using in israel which is a warm country,summer 40,winter around 10 celsius.
tnk u so much.

It should be better for power and economy than the Castrol. I have run Castorl Magnatec It just O.K.

The Motul , Buy it and try it! It is fine for your environment
smile.gif

from MOTUL: ECO-LITE 5W30

100% Synthetic Fuel Economy engine oil specially formulated for recent gasoline engines, naturally
aspirated or turbocharged, indirect or direct injection, designed to use engine oil with low friction and
low HTHS (High Temperature High Shear) viscosity (⥠2.9 mPa.s).
Suitable for modern gasoline engines requiring a viscosity grade 30 and fuel economy lubricant (API
SN and/or ILSAC GF-5 standards).
Approved GM-dexos1â„¢ GEN2 for all new GM gasoline engines requiring this approval: BUICK,
CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GM, GMC, OPEL and VAUXHALL.
Compatible with catalytic converters.
This type of oil may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Refer to the owner manual if in doubt.
PERFORMANCES
STANDARDS API SERVICE SN
ILSAC GF-5
APPROVALS GM dexos1™ GEN2 under n° D10577HI011
PERFORMANCES CHRYSLER MS-6395
FORD M2C 929-A
FORD M2C 946-A
RECOMMENDATIONS Gasoline engines: ACURA, CHRYSLER, DODGE, FORD, GENESIS,
HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, KIA, LEXUS, MAZDA, MITSUBISHI,
NISSAN, SUBARU, TOYOTA …

RECOMENDATIONS
Drain interval: according to manufacturers' recommendations and tune to your own use.
MOTUL 8100 Eco-lite 5W-30 can be mixed with synthetic or mineral oils.
Before use always refer to the owner manual or handbook of the vehicle.
PROPERTIES
Viscosity grade SAE J 300 5W-30
Density at 20°C (68°F) ASTM D1298 0.847
Viscosity at 40°C (104°F) ASTM D445 67.0 mm²/s
Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) ASTM D445 11.4 mm²/s
HTHS viscosity at 150°C (302°F) ASTM D4741 3.3 mPa.s
Viscosity index ASTM D2270 166
Pour point ASTM D97 -39°C / -38°F
Flash point ASTM D92 228°C / 464°F
Sulfated ash ASTM D874 0.85% weight
TBN ASTM D2896 8.5 mg KOH/g

used to run the 300v for years in my sti and definitely going to try it soon,
i believe the magnatec is not bad it has a lower hths but higher tbn maybe due to the a5 spec.

I have this oil in my 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6r. It is very smooth and feels better than other 5w30 oils that I have used.
I used Motul 0w20 in my 2012 Subaru Forester with the same results. Motu is a true synthetic oil. I hope this helps.

I have this oil in my 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6r. It is very smooth and feels better than other 5w30 oils that I have used.
I used Motul 0w20 in my 2012 Subaru Forester with the same results. Motu is a true synthetic oil. I hope this helps.
Why are we resurrecting an old thread for this?

Perhaps that is your mission here then to go around and resurrect old threads.
I really wish this website had a warning like Bimmerfest:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.

Back