Pennzoil Start/Stop Protection 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by GenaFishbeck
The BITOG Community is always ahead of the curve! As you know, Pennzoil continuously strives to develop new and innovative products, and we're excited to confirm that there is a new product lineup made from natural gas coming soon. - The Pennzoil Team

You can't just drop that little nugget of info and scoot out the backdoor! ...‚

Don't worry, we'll be back soon
smile.gif

Last edited:
The BITOG Community is always ahead of the curve! As you know, Pennzoil continuously strives to develop new and innovative products, and we're excited to confirm that there is a new product lineup made from natural gas coming soon. - The Pennzoil Team

smile.gif

So...hypothetical question here is this going to be Pennzoil's answer to Mobil and Valvoline $50 a Jug oil?

smile.gif

Gonna hold you to it Gina.. you know the BITOG crowd, we're a cantankerous bunch when we don't get our deets'!...‚

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
So...hypothetical question here is this going to be Pennzoil's answer to Mobil and Valvoline $50 a Jug oil?

God I hope not...ugh... maybe an EP line of PPPP?

Last edited:
They all have a "Start and Stop" formulation in the works. Mobil does too per their MSDS. I'd say Castrol with Magnatec was the first to develop this type of oil.

Originally Posted by buster
They all have a "Start and Stop" formulation in the works. Mobil does too per their MSDS. I'd say Castrol with Magnatec was the first to develop this type of oil.

Will this be the next Mobil 1 $50 plus a jug?

"Specialty" oils or "Niche" oils are in right now.....

I'm waiting for a "outdated Nissan off-road" oil.
grin2.gif

Hello BITOGers - we appreciate your patience! It was incredibly difficult not to share sooner, but we are officially announcing today, the news of our new full synthetic product portfolio designed for your drive. The technical data sheet that was shared on this thread is actually just one of four new products we are introducing into the market. The four new full synthetic, made from natural gas motor oils are: Pennzoil Extended Careâ„¢, Pennzoil Start Stop Protectionâ„¢, Pennzoil Maximum Powerâ„¢ and Pennzoil Hybridâ„¢.

The new lineup is engineered to meet the requirements of motorists' engine types and driving styles, providing complete care for these vehicles. The products will be available for purchase from select online retailers beginning November 1, 2019. More information about each new product can be found by visiting the product pages on Pennzoil.com.

Well jeez, just to add to the confusion. I wonder if these product lines will replace the Platinum lines or be additional ones?

Hmm, I have a hybrid with start/stop and I I want all the power I can get from it. Choices choices.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Well jeez, just to add to the confusion. I wonder if these product lines will replace the Platinum lines or be additional ones?

Hmm, I have a hybrid with start/stop and I I want all the power I can get from it. Choices choices.

Jeez is right. It fragments and adds more confusion to the product line. My guess is it will be sold at closeout prices in stores like Auto Zone and AAP in about 18-24 months from its introduction. And that is coming from a long term Pennzoil user and fan. First question to me is will Ultra still exist, and if so is it still their top of the line? Did Extended Care take the crown for the best of their line up? My guess is as good as any. I bet there will be lots of opinions shared from members, with little facts.

Hello BITOGers - we appreciate your patience! It was incredibly difficult not to share sooner, but we are officially announcing today, the news of our new full synthetic product portfolio designed for your drive. The technical data sheet that was shared on this thread is actually just one of four new products we are introducing into the market. The four new full synthetic, made from natural gas motor oils are: Pennzoil Extended Careâ„¢, Pennzoil Start Stop Protectionâ„¢, Pennzoil Maximum Powerâ„¢ and Pennzoil Hybridâ„¢.

The new lineup is engineered to meet the requirements of motorists' engine types and driving styles, providing complete care for these vehicles. The products will be available for purchase from select online retailers beginning November 1, 2019. More information about each new product can be found by visiting the product pages on Pennzoil.com.

Hi Gena, are these new prods expected to meet the new GF6, without reformulation?

Welcome to the age of specialty blends. Enjoy your journey.

And remember to check your back seat before driving, unless you have a Subaru which now reminds you.

In all seriousness I can't stand this product fragmentation. I guess it gives marketing folks added job security.

I'm sure the formulations are top notch though as Shell is a great oil blender/producer.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
You would think they could put all those attributes into one formula? Marketing...

How about a promo at all retailers to get us "excited" about... for that, I'll be a test ðŸ€!...‚

The motor oil aisle is getting more and more like the toothpaste aisle. Too many choices. What if you put in Start/Stop but then find out you have to take a long trip with no start/stops? Do you change the oil to Extended Care or some other oil that has been designated as the best for long trips on the highway?

Originally Posted by dpaldino
The motor oil aisle is getting more and more like the toothpaste aisle. Too many choices. What if you put in Start/Stop but then find out you have to take a long trip with no start/stops? Do you change the oil to Extended Care or some other oil that has been designated as the best for long trips on the highway?

Do I see a future for a lube with multiple personalities?🤔

Originally Posted by dpaldino

Maybe mix them... so you get "all in one"...

Sybil 0W20 haha.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Sybil 0W20 haha.

...‚...‚...‚...‚.. but wouldn't it be rated (Sy)bil 0/5/10w8/16/20/30/40?

And we could call it Unicorn Lube!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Sybil 0W20 haha.

Darn it, I was going to post that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back