Do you use gas brand exclusively ?

I use chevron gas exclusively . Even while travel. Even chevron cost 20 cent more then other gas cross the street . Still chevron

Any Top tier station around...…..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
I use chevron gas exclusively . Even while travel. Even chevron cost 20 cent more then other gas cross the street . Still chevron

Why? I have always felt you are better off buying from a newer station that pumps a lot of fuel, than you are from selecting a certain brand. The higher volume stations usually have the best price as well.

Storage tank condition is everything when buying gas. If it's a station with old leaking tanks, that doesn't pump much gas, it's really not going to matter what the brand is you're pumping out of them. And once a station gets labeled for having lousy gas, customers will disappear quickly, increasing the problem.

Likewise here. We buy a few thousand dollars of gas every month and almost always at the busiest place in town. In my area any Chevron is likely to be a small operation and they worry me because of how old their inventory is.

Since we are in Fl tank inspections are mandatory and if you cannot fix leakers then the state does it for you and this usually closes a small station...

What's common here is Exxon, Shell, and Chevron … so can always find one of those … Prices are close

I've been using Speedway(formerly HESS) and even when I travel unless they're not where I am traveling. I have been using their Speedy Rewards Program which earns points for various thing that I like. I don't think that Speedway gas is Top Tier.

We're told fractions of petroleum which make gas and jet fuel are sent to our neck of the woods.
Home heating oil is added to the mix come cooler weather. It's cracked apart nearby.
Therefore "I know" all gas is the same......except for adpack.
I fuel up at a nearby Top Tier station for regular gas. We buy premium at the closest DELTA (ever-growing chain of stations owned by people from India) station on Wednesdays and Sundays when it's 6¢ off per g'loon.
Yes, I play the "octane mix".....makes me feel smart.

How the supply chain has been effected by the attacks in Saudi Arabia AND how prices will be increased is the current game.

In my area there are lots of Exxon, lots of Speedway, Sheetz, and a small chain called Go Mart.. there are only a few BP, and Shells, and one 76. I think there is one or two Chevrons. There are also a few Kroger, and Sams Club.

Personally i go to Exxon..its the same price. And i dont really like anything they sell inside the store so i just get my gas and move along.

I do admit that I stop at Speedway for their coffee and fountain drinks alot...but do not buy their gas.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Any Top tier station around...…..
grin.gif

+1

+2 (Assuming Costco isn't around)

Loyally in this order, (Central Connecticut)

Citgo ---- $2.87 for hi test this morning ---Volvo XC90

Sunoco

Shell

Out of state

Shell or Sunoco ---- New England area

Originally Posted by atikovi
Use Gas Buddy to find the cheapest gas. Have no loyalty to any brand.

Some brands reward you for your loyalty. That said, I usually hit up the same 76 station I've been frequenting for the past 20yrs. (they do have a loyalty program and in addition they give you a free, any size pop, with a purchase of 8gl or more...so that's a nice little perk.)

Outside of that any TT brand will do but if I haaaad a preference, it would of course be 76, Chevron, Shell or even ARCO in no particular order.

I use GasBuddy also and it's helpful on long trips to plan my fuel+rest stops... however in town it's pretty worthless to me. I ain't gonna drive miles to save 3 or 5cts, it just ain't worth it....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Use Gas Buddy to find the cheapest gas. Have no loyalty to any brand.

Same here... And so I almost exclusively buy gas at BJs Wholesale club. If I'm out of town, the cheapest high-volume station that's not out of my way.

Shell for the Air Miles when I'm not home but the local off-brand when I'm home. He has his own points system and you can get paid in beer.
laugh.gif
The gas comes from the Shell and Esso loading racks in Calgary.

Whatever's cheapest, provided it's a "name" like Mobil, BP/Amoco, Shell, Speedway. Places like Jo-Bob's House O'Gas are out.

I tend to buy at Speedway most often, followed closely by Mobil. I have both stations near my house and they tend to watch each other closely so the prices are pretty much the same at the two stations and it comes down more to convenience and which direction I'm headed when I decide where to buy.

Back