2019 Ford Fusion vs used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing some new fusion S for around $18k before taxes, hybrid around $21k. This is several thousand less than comparable camry, though the gas camry LE or SE is about the same for mpg as the hybrid fusion, at least highway. Do the fusions have the same 2.5L and 6 speed auto for the past several years? Any reliability issues?

Sounds like a good deal. As far as I know the transmission issues from the previous model has been worked out. If equipped with the 2.5 it should be a reliable vehicle.

I have a 2013 with the 2.5l. Not one repair other than standard maintenance items. It's been a very reliable car with a lot of nice features. I'd recommend it.

2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium here … coming up on 120k and doing fine …

You aren't going to see much (if any) better mileage on the highway comparing a gas to a hybrid model. At highway speeds the engine is always on. We rented a Fusion hybrid a few months ago and averaged 52 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving, with mild braking in the city. Not many reliability issues with the fusion (either variant) .

The 2.5L engine is a carryover from the Ford/Mazda days and is considered a rock-solid engine.

Not sure if you care, but the "S" is the lowest trim so you won't get much cool stuff with that.

They are very nice cars for the price, a lot of carry over engineering from the Ford/Mazda/Volvo that existed from the early 2000's to 2012ish.

Wife works for the state and has a state car provided for her job. She has driven a 2013 Fusion 2.5 since 2013. Car had 127K on it when the state called it in and replaced it this past summer. No issues other than a few recalls mainly on door latches. She had one issue with her power steering rack- an electrical fault that was tough to diagnose but was fixed fairly inexpensively and an issue with the windshield wiper motor. Of course being a state vehicle, it was repaired by them at their approved garages. Oil changes were mainly done by the local Ford dealer at 7500 miles. Solid car. Her new state car is a 2019 Fusion. Same 2.5 L and powertrain, but some nice upgrades in safety even on the lowest trim fleet vehicle. Blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, lane keep assist. etc. Not a big fan of the nannies myself, but the wife needs all the help she can get behind the wheel. LOL
27.gif

If you like it worth it. I would make sure to try out the other cars before jumping on price.

Realize a 2019 Fusion is a pretty (out)dated car platform things have improved across newer ones. I think its main purpose for Ford is fleet car for rentals, government and companies.

Originally Posted by sopususer
....but some nice upgrades in safety even on the lowest trim fleet vehicle. Blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, lane keep assist. etc.

Nice to see that Ford includes these on all trim levels now. Kinda bothers me when automakers restrict safety features based on how much someone wants to or can spend.

I just bought a 2015 Escape with the 2.5 and 6spd. So far I love this drive train. While it's not the V8 that I am used to it has plenty of power for my needs. I have been getting 28mpg mixed driving.

The 2.5 is an excellent deal regardless but I would opt for a used one. A three year old one can be had with 80% of its life left for 50% of the new cost.

Make sure the oil changes were done regularly and don't get an extended warranty. These vehicles can endure the ages. The hybrid does have transmission issues if you Uber/Lyft a lot or are stuck in stop n' go driving. They are also incredibly expensive to replace.

2015 Fusion fleet model 2.5 liter four cylinder here as company car. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Every single morning for the commute I have to pull out from an intersecting road to turn left across and onto a divided highway that, in rush hour, is like the straight away after turn #2 at Talladega. Usually have to hit it and go go go, launching from the median break. It's like a little Italian tune-up every day, three years running. Not one single problem with engine or trans. Maintained by contract shop, bulk oil and no-name filter every 4000 miles.

I am seeing some base model fusion S with a 1.5L turbo engine. Supposedly slight better mpg? Same 6speed trans? 1.5 turbo ok or stick with 2.5L NA model?

Originally Posted by FL-400S
I am seeing some base model fusion S with a 1.5L turbo engine. Supposedly slight better mpg? Same 6speed trans? 1.5 turbo ok or stick with 2.5L NA model?

Comparing those 2 engines, get the 2.5. If you can find one with the 2.0EB that would be the one to get if you want some more power with the reliability of the 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back