Federal 9mm 115g FMJ Brass - $7.97/50 @ Walmart

Yes, this is a deal in the firearms section, but figured it was more appropriate here than in the deals section.

Was in Walmart today to buy some more Winchester USA Forged (steel case) ammo (it is $22.97/150, $0.153/round) and saw that they had some Federal brass on rollback for $7.97/50 ($0.159/round).
While a touch more per round, it is brass and hopefully shoots well (I have issues with the USA Forged in my M&P9 Shield, but works fine in my P89).

[Linked Image]

I stopped by 2 stores (I bought all they had at the first one), and the second one did not even have a spot on the shelf for it (but that store has a lot smaller ammo section that the first one), so your availabilty may vary. I have 2 other stores nearby that I will be checking tomorrow.

Here is a pic of the ammo shelf:

[Linked Image]

And just in case you don't know, Walmart has said they will quit selling pistol ammo.
The press release basically said they will just not be replacing the ammo once it is sold, so I don't think it will go on clearance, but this roll back is a decent deal IMO.

I've been stocking up on 9mm since I'm shooting more than I used to. I'd be buying that 500 round pack. Incant shoot steel at the range I've been frequenting by my house

Originally Posted by E150GT
I've been stocking up on 9mm since I'm shooting more than I used to. I'd be buying that 500 round pack. Incant shoot steel at the range I've been frequenting by my house

Yeah, some indoor ranges don't allow steel or aluminum, but they one I shoot at does (one of several reasons I go there).
The 500 round Winchester white box for $85 is not a bad deal either, that is $0.17/round.
The 200 round Federal Aluminum is not a bad deal either ($0.168/round) if your range allows aluminum.

I personally don't reload so I don't care what my case is made of, I look for cheapest.
When I do shoot brass, I do save it though. I have a co-worker that reloads and he asked if I would mind saving it for him.
I don't mind and he said he would give me 100 rounds or so if I gave him a plastic grocery bag of brass.
At the time I did not realize that a plastic grocery bag holds over 1000 cases.
I am about 1/3 of a bag so far, since I can't pick up what goes forward of the firing line (about 1/3 of my shots it seems).

Some of the best SD ammo is available in a 115gr. It's not the weight, it's the design. Look at Barnes TAC-XPD, Speer Gold Dots, or Federal HST.

Don't use FMJ for SD, unless all the bad guys are lined up in a row, 3 deep!

Originally Posted by LotI
Some of the best SD ammo is available in a 115gr. It's not the weight, it's the design. Look at Barnes TAC-XPD, Speer Gold Dots, or Federal HST.

Why?

M
Originally Posted by 007
Originally Posted by LotI

Why?

FMJs is most calibers tend to ice pick right through people (and animals).

BSW

The Ammo department at my Wally World never has anyone there and they haven't had a gun in over 5 years.
A few months ago, my local Wally World completely did away with selling all guns. To make room for other merchandise, they remodeled the store (moved all kinds of junk around the store so you couldn't find things) and put other sporting goods in the area that used to house their guns. I just got out of there again today and I noticed that they are now selling long guns again, although they only had about 3-4 behind the glass. The rest of the area had a big bare spot with virtually no ammo. Which is fine with me because if I would buy a gun, it'd be from a local dealer.

When l went grocery shopping at my local WM this past Wednesday there were BOO KOO rifles in the glass cases. I saw a Ruger 10/22 wooden stock rifle for $199.
If l didn't already have one l would have bought that one.

Back