Mevotech 'Supreme' sway links are NG

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I've had suspension noise for awhile and finally got around to looking at it. I assumed it was something other than the struts or sway links since I installed these all new in 2016. One of the 'lifetime warrantied' Mevotech 'Supremes' was totally shot. I wouldn't recommend them....

I was also disappointed by some Mevotech supreme upper control arms. The bushings went bad after about a year. Started clunking again. I tightened the bolts to only 12 ft/lbs like the tech manual for my car states. So it wasn't excessive strain on the bushings. Just crappy quality I guess.

Forked out the extra $$$ for OEM and so far they're working great.

I don't buy anything aftermarket anymore unless I absolutely have no choice

One of my vendors that I used a bunch for suspension parts switched over to Mevotech. I gave them a couple shots, even after reading things on here, and the parts were absolute garbage. The vendor that I don't use much before, switched over to them without saying anything and I just don't sign for the parts when I see the Mevotech box.

I have a set of their sway bar bushings on my Liberty now, so far they've lasted much longer than Moog ones and feel tighter, but it's only been 9 months. Still about 9x longer than MOOG used to last.

Mevotech are the bottom of the barrel with Moog and Delco advantage not far behind. All of them and others from local AA, AZ, etc are major crap parts. Napa has better stuff in the higher priced range, eg 555 for Japanese, Lemforderer or even de-marked OE for Euro, etc. For US cars unfortunately its mostly Moog.

I have used Proforged for a few years now and couldn't be more satisfied. Made in Taiwan to what appears to be a high standard, they hold up in the salt belt without rusting and that is doing something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back