Fall Dilution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my Fall dilution today. Vacuumed out 3-1/2 quarts of trans fluid, Turkey basted about 3/4 quart of brake fluid and about 3/4 quart of power steering fluid. Replaced them with the fluids shown. I have two different turkey blasters for the removing the brake fluid and PS fluid. I'll bleed the brake fluid next time I do the brakes as well as do a pan drop and new filter in another year. Enjoy.( Canadian part numbers shown on the AC Delco fluids.) Enjoy.
04.gif

E2E46C5C-2E83-4B01-85EF-3594D784ACEF.jpeg

Last edited:
I did all three just like you on my 2002 Taurus at 196k miles. Mostly because I had time between jobs and the fluids on hand. Peace of mind

For the PSF, i don't even waste time with a turkey baster. This method 👇you can replace the entire system in about 20mins. The clear tubing's about $8 and the fitting is about $5, both on Amazon. This is how I do it.

You can do it by yourself but if you have a helper it goes lickity split. My son keeps the reservoir full while I turn the wheel lock to lock otherwise I'd have to get out and check the reservoir. Easy peazy, lemon squeezy... alternatively, you could use a pump/evacuator to pull the PSF out (no having to turn the steering wheel lock to lock). You just need to jury rig an (adaptor) line to mate to the return line. I've seen mighty vac setups do this but I'm sure you could rig up an el cheapo hand pump to do the same with the right parts.

Does the PS fluid have to be changed? I've never heard of anybody doing one on the Evos when I had one so I never thought about doing one on my focus.

Originally Posted by Pew
Does the PS fluid have to be changed? I've never heard of anybody doing one on the Evos when I had one so I never thought about doing one on my focus.

My OM says inspect every 18 months. When I learned this easy way to replace it, I just replace every 2yrs now no matter what. And for me it's cheap. I just use MaxLife and it takes about two qts give or take to flush the old fluid out of the system and get all bright red fluid in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back