2020 Sportster lineup reduced

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Originally Posted by JPowell490
... but the new Sportsters look like dogshit. ...

Obviously looks are subjective, but thats kinda harsh, The 48 and and the roadster both look pretty good to me. The roadster particularly with he seat cowl that's available as accessory...

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Be aware: the Super Low has a very, very BAD ride.

I've ridden both an 883 and a 1200T super low and that isn't my experience...

I own a Super Low, and the ride is bad to the point of pain. It might as well be a hardtail. The 1200T uses different (and vastly superior) shocks, and is much smoother. (I owned one.)

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
... but the new Sportsters look like dogshit. ...

Obviously looks are subjective, but thats kinda harsh, The 48 and and the roadster both look pretty good to me. The roadster particularly with he seat cowl that's available as accessory...

Be aware: the Super Low has a very, very BAD ride.

I've ridden both an 883 and a 1200T super low and that isn't my experience...

I own a Super Low, and the ride is bad to the point of pain. It might as well be a hardtail. The 1200T uses different (and vastly superior) shocks, and is much smoother. (I owned one.)

It still doesn't match my experience. Also, later Superlows do have better shocks than even the 1200T. 1200T have one shock with dial adjustable preload and AFAIK never got the "emulsion shock" and cartridge fork that other models got in 16.

owned Harley's since 2007. Had 7 or 8 now. I love the Softails, but the new Sportsters look like dogshit. Couldn't give me one.

That doesn't even make sense. The Sportster literally hasn't changed; still has the Peanut tank, same frame, engines, etc.

Went to the local dealer a few weeks ago and they didn't really have a lot of new inventory but it is now practically at the end of riding season and with the 20's coming out soon the owner's are waiting to see what H-D comes out with rather than increase their stock of '19 models. I did get to sit on a new 883 and it was comfortable for the most part but the foot pegs were way too high for my taste, really felt like your knees were being pushed up, however you can swap it over to forward controls which I'm not a huge fan of and I like standard/neutral bikes which I find are the most comfortable for me.

Another dealer that I frequent has a used Street 750 and I didn't like that one either where they had located the foot pegs. I want something that is comfortable to me and not have to change it over just to suit me.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
owned Harley's since 2007. Had 7 or 8 now. I love the Softails, but the new Sportsters look like dogshit. Couldn't give me one.

That doesn't even make sense. The Sportster literally hasn't changed; still has the Peanut tank, same frame, engines, etc.

Oh it's changed a lot. Compare this to the Sportster 883 of 2008. They have lowered them and lowered the bars. I think the Sportster is one of the best sounding engines made.

Originally Posted by Merek
Went to the local dealer a few weeks ago and they didn't really have a lot of new inventory but it is now practically at the end of riding season and with the 20's coming out soon the owner's are waiting to see what H-D comes out with rather than increase their stock of '19 models. I did get to sit on a new 883 and it was comfortable for the most part but the foot pegs were way too high for my taste, really felt like your knees were being pushed up, however you can swap it over to forward controls which I'm not a huge fan of and I like standard/neutral bikes which I find are the most comfortable for me.

Another dealer that I frequent has a used Street 750 and I didn't like that one either where they had located the foot pegs. I want something that is comfortable to me and not have to change it over just to suit me.

Well, the 20's are on the website and the dealer meeting was late August I believe, so you know what the 20 models are.

FWIW, the 1200T had forward mid "mini floor boards" (basically wide pegs), and they are available as accessories.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/further-forward-mid-control-kit-pa-07-50700027--1 (also available in black)

Originally Posted by Merek

Most Sportsters have a very low seat. (I called mine "the hammock.") The Tallboy is a BIG help for taller riders.

White Lightening HD store in Chattanooga tn is usually packed on Saturdays,,,free food all day, dont bring your car, lol

Back