Problem: REPLYING to Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a problem that's been happening for a few Weeks.

When I use the Underline in a response, it will LOOK like this-
When I use the UnderlineUnderlineUnderline in a response, it will LOOK like this-

The words I'm highlighting will be duplicated.
Also does it with Bold, Italic and Strike thru.

I figure it's the web-site.
Anybody else have this problem ?

I hope the Moderator can fix.

Originally Posted by billt460
All you should have to do is make sure when you preview your reply, the word(s) you want underlined are in between the bracketed "U's". Delete anything else.

I should not have to do that. Makes it to confusing.

Originally Posted by billt460
All you should have to do is make sure when you preview your reply, the word(s) you want underlined are in between the bracketed "U's". Delete anything else.All you should have to do is make sure when you preview your reply, the word(s) you want underlined are in between the bracketed "U's". Delete anything else.All you should have to do is make sure when you preview your reply, the word(s) you want underlined are in between the bracketed "U's". Delete anything else.All you should have to do is make sure when you preview your reply, the word(s) you want underlined are in between the bracketed "U's". Delete anything else.All you should have to do is make sure when you preview your reply, the word(s) you want underlined are in between the bracketed "U's". Delete anything else.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
This is a problem that's been happening for a few Weeks.

When I use the Underline in a response, it will LOOK like this-
When I use the UnderlineUnderlineUnderline in a response, it will LOOK like this-

The words I'm highlighting will be duplicated.
Also does it with Bold, Italic and Strike thru.

I figure it's the web-site.
Anybody else have this problem ?

I hope the Moderator can fix.

I don't see what the problem is. Why are you actually spelling out the words like 'Underline'? You should not do this. You just need to use the respective tags, such as , , , etc.

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
I should not have to do that. Makes it to confusing.

I can somewhat agree. But that's what you have to do. I've seen worse software on other forums. Some will highlight everything on the preview, and there is no way to fix it because the, "" will disappear in the preview. This is a bit of a PITA, but overall it keeps it pretty simple and easy to correct, so you get exactly what you want in the final post.

Are you using the formatting toolbar to add that formatting or using the 'codes' ?

Works
fine
here

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
What browser are you using?

strike-through
Underline
Italic
Bold

Microsoft Edge
Microsoft EdgeMicrosoft EdgeMicrosoft Edge
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Are you using the formatting toolbar to add that formatting or using the 'codes' ?

Works
fine
here

I have always used the formatting toolbar

I have always used the formatting toolbar
Ah Ha …. manually putting in the 'codes' works correctly.

underline works good now
Italic works good now
Bold works good now

I don't know what changed, but if I put in the myself, it works.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back