Redline MT85 OR MT90

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, with a manual trans. The car (2-quarts capacity) currently is running MT85 (75w85). I was going to swap the fluid out as it has 40k miles on it. I accidentally purchased Redline MT90 (75w90) online and cannot return...

Any thoughts on using this fluid? Both are spec'd for hyundai vehicles in general.

If you cannot return it then the only way to find out if it is going to be fine in the winter is to use it. If I were you I would rather sell it and use a thinner oil because I doubt that that the thick oil will give you the same feel and the fuel consumption hit will be noticeable too.

Originally Posted by dja4260
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, with a manual trans. The car (2-quarts capacity) currently is running MT85 (75w85). I was going to swap the fluid out as it has 40k miles on it. I accidentally purchased Redline MT90 (75w90) online and cannot return...

Any thoughts on using this fluid? Both are spec'd for hyundai vehicles in general.

Keep the 75W90 for next summer and reorder the two quarts of MT-85.

you can sell the mt-90 to me cheep! my older tt uses that + prolly due for a change. rarely drive it in pa winters but the jetta i drove year around had no issues with the mt-90.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back