RIP Ric Ocasek

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame and a huge loss. Can't really believe it. Very sad to hear about his passing. I am and always will be a huge fan of the Cars. RIP Ric.

RIP

Mopar or no car

tumblr_luia2hEeCE1qmamzj.jpg

I didn't realize they had a "new" album out in 2011. Gonna have to take a listen.

I listened to them a lot as a kid/teenager.

RIP Ric.

Sorry to see this news this morning. I was a huge Cars fan back in the late 70s, early 80's. I thought the first 3 albums were far and away their best era (I'm one of the few that really loved Panorama). It seemed as they went more 'pop' they began to minimize Elliot Easton's guitar work in favor of more synths. Ocasek was the architect of the band (although I liked Ben Orr's voice better). RIP

Edit: If you're a fan, check out their induction into the rock and roll hall of fame. There's some good video on YT. Seeing David Robinson look like a member of Z.Z. Top is kind of funny.

Last edited:
Unsuspected and saddening loss of my coming of age soundtrack in the 70's and early 80's.
A Talented Local band. Like Touring5 said above, The HoF induction is a must watch.

I dont think I have any Cars CD's only Vinyl as I moved on to classical music for a bit .

ps: I am still not getting over the legendary bassist Chris Squire death. He should have been cameoed as a Knight in GoT.

Dang....Eddie Money last week and now Ric. If you did not grow up in the early 80's, you'd never know just how The Cars changed music. They were one of the first to indulge with synthesizers...and made it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back