Had a minor accident then turned bad in the x-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out of the hospital Friday afternoon after a four day stay post surgery. Surgery was Tues morning.

I had slipped off an upside down livestock tank I was using to stand on. Landed with all my weight on my left foot;

The end result was a massive amount of pain and weakness down both legs, buttocks and hips caused from the L-5 vertebrata displacement and ramming against the nerve cord. The facet joint at that level was also damaged causing instability and slippage.

The only option was to stabilize my spine with rods, screws and a bone graft to tie it all in or a lamindectomy, fusion with instrumentation is what I think the paperwork called it.

I can now easily walk with zero leg pain. yes, I'm still very sore from the surgery but the nerve pain is gone.

Has anyone else here had a similar back surgery and what to expect. Thanks!

I have back stiffness and sciatica and attend a chiropractor who uses electronic TENS to help.They have insisted on surgery or Colorado alchemy. Will be getting a minor surgery.Have considered accupunctor too.

I've had that problem off and on for 3 weeks now. Left leg feels heavy and left hip and left side lower back is stiff. My back also pops/adjusts slightly in that area when I lift my left leg. All I did was step onto one of those parking curbs at the gas station then stepped out a little further then I normally would to reach the sidewalk and bam! Felt a sharp cramp like pain in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back