Most CEL codes you've ever had at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if there is a record for it, or if its necessarily something to be proud of, but the most CEL codes I have had at one time was 18.

I'm 17 (about to turn 18 in literally 5 days though) and I got my car on my 16th birthday. Working a minimum wage job I did not have a ton of money to keep aside for large maintenance so there was one period in time where I had 18 codes at once caused by a plugged up VTEC solenoid, bad oil pressure sensor, intermittently working wheel speed sensor, some issue that ultimately caused only my rear brakes to work, a voltage malfunction due to a dying alternator, plus a misfire because I still had the original spark plugs and coil packs.

One piece at a time, all the above have been taken care of thankfully.

Can anyone top me now, is the question.

Not a personal vehicle, but I've scanned current bodystyle Volvo XC90 vehicles and routinely found 90+ codes. Gotta love the "odometer tampering" code on a brand new car...
crazy.gif

My 97 VW Golf 2.0 had more CEL than it didn't. Almost always MAF sensor or O2 sensor related since it was the advent of OBD2.

Originally Posted by Ethan1
Not a personal vehicle, but I've scanned current bodystyle Volvo XC90 vehicles and routinely found 90+ codes. Gotta love the "odometer tampering" code on a brand new car...
crazy.gif

I have seen the same on a car with a bad PCM. The tech brought in the printout from the IDS and it was something like 213 codes. Most were C and U codes.

Whenever the battery gets low on any of my early 2000s VWs, I get pretty much every CEL in the book.. Pages on pages..

That doesn't indicate that there are any "true" codes, just a software glitch..

Only a couple. But my VW liked to go all winter with the CEL on, then eventually it'd go out in the summer months.

My new-to-me Camry made it to the inspection station, got my sticker, and set the CEL on the 3 mile drive home. Talk about cutting it close! I spent an hour pulling out the offending part, rapped it on the fender and told it to behave, and it's been fine ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back