PEAK Conventional & Synthetic 10W-30 Noack

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Not bad at all... (syn has gray bottle)

Number at bottom of each screenshot is the Noack.
Conv: 10%
Syn: 8%

https://peakauto.com/products/motor-oil/

Screenshot_20190915-152203_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190915-152100_Drive.jpg

Originally Posted by LotI
For a 10w-30 that's not impressive at all. When PQIA rested the conventional 5w-30 it was poor at 14.4%

4 year old VOA really mean nothing. "Impressive" is subjective. I consider it impressive when anything is at or below 10%, even 10w30.

Originally Posted by wemay
For a 10w-30 that's not impressive at all. When PQIA rested the conventional 5w-30 it was poor at 14.4%

4 year old VOA really mean nothing. "Impressive" is subjective. I consider it impressive when anything is at or below 10%, even 10w30.

Good point Wemay. Another "keyboard warrior" posting I see

Any NOACK 10% or less is good. I'm just a dumb mechanic though

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I this still blended and bottled by WPp for Old World Ind?

It's odd. The only other brand carrying the same dexos approval license number is Blue Mountain Professional.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

I haven't bought conventional since the 80's when I bought the Castrol GTX marketing spiel. It was used in my 225ci slant-six and that engine could run on anything.

Why pay that kind of money when top-tier syn oils are available for less.

You shouldn't insult others on this board anyway, part of the TOS. Must be a Vikings fan
07.gif

I haven't bought conventional since the 80's when I bought the Castrol GTX marketing spiel. It was used in my 225ci slant-six and that engine could run on anything.

Why pay that kind of money when top-tier syn oils are available for less.

You shouldn't insult others on this board anyway, part of the TOS. Must be a STEELERS FAN!
07.gif

The NOACK is good at 10%

I'm pretty sure others would agree

Lotl, I get the point about syn being cheap right now, but these aren't bad prices at all.

At my neighborhood Publix...
The syn is a decent $3.xx per qt
The Convl is great $1.79 per qt

No rebate required. It's just another option for some. I'm not making anyone run out and scoop this up, even though I am. I have a great appreciation for this grocery chain. They have a program called The Able Trust where mentally disabled are given the opportunity to earn a living, and are very involved in our community. So even if a little more expensive or not a top notch name brand, I like spending money there. We all have our reasons.

Lotl, I get the point about syn being cheap right now, but these aren't bad prices at all.

At my neighborhood Publix...
The syn is a decent $3.xx per qt
The Convl is great $1.79 per qt

No rebate required. It's just another option for some. I'm not making anyone run out and scoop this up, even though I am. I have a great appreciation for this grocery chain. They have a program called The Able Trust where mentally disabled are given the opportunity to earn a living, and are very involved in our community. So even if a little more expensive or not a top notch name brand, I like spending money there. We all have our reasons.

Wemay: very good to hear sir
smile.gif

I have a great appreciation for this grocery chain. They have a program called The Able Trust where mentally disabled are given the opportunity to earn a living, and are very involved in our community. So even if a little more expensive or not a top notch name brand, I like spending money there. We all have our reasons.

They have a free medicine program for antibiotics, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Just the other week I got a free 10 day supply of Penicillin VK.

https://ww4.publix.com/pharmacy-wellness/pharmacy/pharmacy-services/free-medication-program

Originally Posted by BigD1
I have a great appreciation for this grocery chain. They have a program called The Able Trust where mentally disabled are given the opportunity to earn a living, and are very involved in our community. So even if a little more expensive or not a top notch name brand, I like spending money there. We all have our reasons.

They have a free medicine program for antibiotics, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Just the other week I got a free 10 day supply of Penicillin VK.

https://ww4.publix.com/pharmacy-wellness/pharmacy/pharmacy-services/free-medication-program

I didn't know that. Glad to hear BigD1. It just follows along the same lines I was mentioning. They are a great company to share your dollars with.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Noak of 10% is a hard to beat ACEA spec...

+1000

I agree ^^^

Is 10% since 2009 (?) not a maximum also for 229.5? I mean 95% oils in the EU have 9.x% in datasheets (if declared).

"Good" (and very good) pertain here with less than 9%. 10% are the least for engine oil, 2019 (imho)

Last edited:
Is it fast package carrier burn-off then stable? Or does it continue to evap off, but at a lower rate.

That is the question.

Needed is a different test with a graph of mass loss over time.

I never saw issues related to high Noack. But maybe I wasn't looking in the right place - my intake runners!

Also maybe the light constituents are valuable and purposeful solvents?

None of these oils are conventional group I, so let's not insinuate a false importance.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I never saw issues related to high Noack. But maybe I wasn't looking in the right place - my intake runners!
Hmm... I also not. But I heard much about "cocked" piston rings and in GDI about intake + intake valves and injectors. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back