Best interior glass cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by buster
A friend of mine gave me one of these. Does anyone know the name of it? It works extremely well. All you do is wet it. No cleaner required.

[Linked Image]

Maybe that is one of those KD cloths that irv referenced to on the first page? I've never seen one but that's my guess.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Without knowing what the "slime" is, it's tough to give you a specific recommendation. If it's just the usual "buildup" on all interior glass, then the following should work really well:

1. Microfiber cloth that has been wet with REALLY hot water. Squeeze out most of the water.

2. Dry terry cloth towel. Look for something with a medium nap/density. No need for dense egyptian cotton bath towels or those pitiful and scrawny/cruddy painters towels.

A hot/damp microfiber towel will clean all the grime off the inside glass. Go over it once, then flip to the other side and go over it again. Be precise and use elbow grease.

Then while the glass is still damp, use the terry cloth towel to dry.

The reason you dry with terry cloth is that it doesn't leave behind "micro lint" that microfiber towels can deposit. For some reason, this micro lint just does not blow off on its own, but terry cloth lint will.

This method has always beat any spray cleaner for me.

By fog I mean what naturally occurs on the inside of the windshield over time. I have tried most of the methods and products recommended with ZERO luck in any of my vehicles. I do better just using the damp microfiber towel after I dry the car with it.

No I'm pretty sure it's not that one. He's not one to buy As Seen on TV stuff.

Originally Posted by PimTac
A friend of mine gave me one of these. Does anyone know the name of it? It works extremely well. All you do is wet it. No cleaner required.

[Linked Image]

Maybe that is one of those KD cloths that irv referenced to on the first page? I've never seen one but that's my guess.

Although I can't tell with a 100% certainty, it does look like a KD cloth.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but once you use one of these and see the results and realize the ease of use, you will never go back to sprays and paper towels.

My wife cleans all the windows in our house with one and has for a few years now. I use to have to help her, and now, because she loves the results and ease of use so much, she hasn't asked for help in over 3 years!!.
grin2.gif

I'm pretty anal and somewhat of a clean freak who likes his toys to look good so I wouldn't tell anyone these things work if they didn't.
Buy one, trust me, it will last you for years.
cheers3.gif

HPIM0594 (Large).JPG

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

WP_20190911_16_47_31_Pro.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

HPIM1000 (Large).JPG

HPIM1027 (Medium).JPG

HPIM1245 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
I believe you irv. They work great on glass. I don't know what else they are used for...….

No I'm pretty sure it's not that one. He's not one to buy As Seen on TV stuff.

It's all the same stuff. It's a sort of paper/cloth hybrid material.

Originally Posted by irv

[Linked Image]

I hate to sound like a broken record, but once you use one of these and see the results and realize the ease of use, you will never go back to sprays and paper towels.

My wife cleans all the windows in our house with one and has for a few years now. I use to have to help her, and now, because she loves the results and ease of use so much, she hasn't asked for help in over 3 years!!.
grin2.gif

I'm pretty anal and somewhat of a clean freak who likes his toys to look good so I wouldn't tell anyone these things work if they didn't.
cheers3.gif

[censored]. I don't even have much interest in trucks but that Dodge Ram always captures my attention. Love looking at them and yours is a fine example of why.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DweezilAZ
Originally Posted by irv

[Linked Image]

grin2.gif

cheers3.gif

[censored]. I don't even have much interest in trucks but that Dodge Ram always captures my attention. Love looking at them and yours is a fine example of why.

Thanks, DweezilAZ
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back