PURPLE POWER does CLEAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. I found a nice old aluminum percolator at local dump/recycling center. Pretty heavily bunked up. Also found a travel mug for coffee they let me have. I had a couple 1 gal jugs of Purple Power cleaner/degreaser. Poured 1/2 cup of that and rest filled with water. This is the result. It DOES WORK
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I made the mistake of buying that stuff and using it in the engine compartment. It devoured the aluminum threads in the valve cover and pitted other aluminum. Never again

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I made the mistake of buying that stuff and using it in the engine compartment. It devoured the aluminum threads in the valve cover and pitted other aluminum. Never again

Didnt know that bout this cleaner.

Thanks for the info sir
smile.gif

Neither did I. A a lot of people use it for engine cleaning so I did it. Sprayed it all off. I thought. But it went down into open threads and other places.

I use that purple Zep concentrated cleaner from Home Depot and if left for very long takes paint off and stains aluminum. Great engine cleaner.:)

PP isn't something I would use in a coffee maker. You never know how much residue is left over and could make you sick.

Originally Posted by Warstud
PP isn't something I would use in a coffee maker. You never know how much residue is left over and could make you sick.

I'm kind of feeling the same way. What does the MSDS for the stuff say is it a carcinogen?

The percolator probably won't ever be used.

I burnt the [censored] out of my hands with the stuff a year ago. Used it all day long scrubbing all of my fluorescent fixtures in my shop while converting to LED.
10 finger prints completely gone- hands smooth as glass. Next day not so good

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

I'm kind of feeling the same way. What does the MSDS for the stuff say is it a carcinogen?

Purple Power isn't very toxic and the SDS says no carcinogenic chemicals. It is very alkaline (sodium hydroxide) and that's what cleans grease, corrodes aluminum , and damages your skin. I'm not saying it's food grade but if you rinse well the chance of poison is nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back