Mercedes’ dealer oil filter panel/board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm not sure what's the right name for it.
Saw this today at the dealer, funny thing that they use Hengst as "a paper aftermarket part"

Told my advisor that it's funny since
a. Not all MB have a fleece filter (my GLA doesn't)
b. Hengst is a quality stuff, also it's OEM for some European makes

He said they laugh at it as well since most AMG they service have a paper filter as well

669D503D-E4B5-4B6C-A02B-3D56D5162782.jpeg

Honda and Toyota dealers have the same thing, although the irony is that Honda uses Fram and it's a Extra Guard usually cut up on those.

My AMG did not have a fleece filter (Pur makes them for MB with the zig-zag pattern on the media) and my C300 does not have them either (straight paper media). I run Mann in the C300.

That filter hasnt been in use for a while, and whats really funny is that they are comparing the earlier Hengst "non-longlife" filter with the updated one from 96 with the fleece element for synthetics. Technically they both work fine, but the Hengst wont go the 12k specified. If you google OX982D youll see they no longer use the fleece media in most of their cars. And whats even better is that Purflux supplies the new filters, google L394 from them, and theres no fleece again. Only Mann kept up with the fleece in this application (15 E350) probably bc its the same filter as in the OP, but has a stand on the bottom now, so probably re purposing old stock

The one I had called for the fleece for extended intervals. I think it is the same media as the Boss. Says something good about the Boss.
They are saying use our synthetic over a paper aftermarket. Somewhat marketing hype but not as bad as some others. The Hengst is a representation of a paper filter. They are in business to sell and sales uses tricks to sway you. Not near as bad as a cheap oil filter saying meets OE specs, because there are no OE specs for the most part except dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back