Valvoline Advanced Heavy-duty Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Valvoline Advanced Heavy-duty Oil Stabilizer has molybdenum ? Like old valvoline synpower has email valvoline rep says this product is not made but valvoline by license by valvoline 3rd partySo I Check bottle it made by to 3rd party niteo product in ky email them 4 days ago no reply and search here in bitgo but all the information is about old synpower .planing to used in my Honda Pilot 2007 j ivetch now using Mobil 0w20 hm? Buy this in Advance auto parts clearance sale for $.85 uploaded the picture below

72C70BFE-A7C9-4794-B3FC-71262FD1DA72.jpeg

7CE8A5DA-FDB9-4953-857C-EDAFFDDBA923.jpeg

Is there some over riding reason to use this? Smoking engine, oil consumption etc? I expect most folks on this board will tell you to step away and stick to an appropriate oil and filter and reasonable change intervals.

I only reason is that my car is leaking or burning 1.5 qts of oil 5000 miles oci so I was thinking to used this additive or mix valvoline vr1 20w50 or max life 20w50 to make oil thicker.

My feeling about this is that it's an response to Lucas from Valvoline and it might be a decent product. Since Valvoline owns a chain of quick lubes I would imagine they are using this for upsells.

Looks like competition for Lucas and STP. I wouldn't use it in a healthy good running engine. I might give it a shot if I owned an oil burner.

Originally Posted by Toh1
I only reason is that my car is leaking or burning 1.5 qts of oil 5000 miles oci so I was thinking to used this additive or mix valvoline vr1 20w50 or max life 20w50 to make oil thicker.

Wouldn't it be easier/better to check and maintain the oil level as needed?
Certainly less expensive.

A quart to quart and a 1/2 in 5k is not much. Rather than mess with this additive or mixing in 20w50, why not just use an oil like a 5w 30 hm oil instead of 0w 20?

Last edited:
I all ready as like 5 bottle of 5qts of pennnzoil platinum high mileage 0w20 and 5 bottle 5qts of mobile 1 high mileage 5w/0w20 so I am in search of something that make my oil little thicker if not i will keep adding oil if additive is not good.

Last edited:
I all ready as like 5 bottle of 5qts of pennnzoil platinum high mileage 0w20 and 5 bottle 5qts of mobile 1 high mileage 5w/0w20 so I am in search of something that make my oil little thicker if not i will keep adding oil if additive is not good.

Well then that will make the oil "thicker." You really have nothing to lose if you already bought it, give it a shot and report back.

Gottcha, in that case go for it, use that, or perhaps schaeffers 132, at least those products have some anti-wear additives in them.

Umm, maybe use a 5W30 instead of the 5W20 that the engine originally requested on the fill cap? That way at least you're using a fully-formulated oil rather than intermingling unknown stuff and definitely decreasing TBN and anti-wear compounds over whatever oil you buy. Try either M1 HM or PPHM if you want synthetic, or get the red jug of Valvoline HM for about $17.

FWIW, 1-1.5 quarts in 5k miles in a Honda J35 with cylinder deactivation is not that unusual or concerning. Try something a little less likely to get past the piston rings, and make sure your PCV valve is clear and functioning.

Did anyone know if this has molybdenum or zddp ? Like valvoline synpower oil treatment?

Neither moly nor ZDDP will stop oil burning, and they are not good for catalytic converters. So again, why not try a thicker high mileage oil instead of being a backyard chemist and having to wonder if you're going to cause more harm than good?

I am just trying to get high viscosity oil all ready has few jugs of oil so try to use same oil but get too add oil additive or higher viscoty oil like 5w or20w50 to bring up the viscosity really do not want to be back yard chemist. Thank you reply

I have send email again to the netio product asking about information like molybdenum and zddp hope they answer it

Niteo makes Motor Medic, some Valvoline and other brands. They're kinda like a Warren.

There's many companies that make stabilizers (VII), check out this old can from Shell. Just pay attention to your oil pressure and any new valve train noise.
[Linked Image]

I have same oil stabilizer from shell too do you think shell oil stabilizer and also valvoline oil stabilizer which is good ?

I have same oil stabilizer from shell too do you think shell oil stabilizer and also valvoline oil stabilizer which is good ?

Can't say.. the only oil stabilizer I've ever used was STP in a Ford Ranger that had a drinking problem. It helped some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back