So riddle me this, some cars are more prone to others for carsickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regularly take a carpool into work and Ubers when I'm out drinking or don't feel like driving. I've been noticing that certain cars make me feel carsick inside of them. It's not the interiors - leather, pleather and fabric interiors don't bug me.

The biggest culprit is the Mercedes CLA250 and GLA250. I've been in the backseat of those and I almost always get carsick in those. Could it be the interior space being a bit claustrophobic or any fabric protectant? It doesn't happen in a Fit or a Fiesta.

The evidence is clear here. You hate Germans................
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by oldhp
The evidence is clear here. You hate Germans................
banana2.gif

If that was true, I would be sick in the back of a Jetta, C-Class/3 Series/A4 or the ML/GL/X5.

I was in a baller S63 AMG the other day ago, I rather enjoyed my ride into work.

Originally Posted by Imp4
You readily admit that you've been drinking in these situations....

All bets are off.
cheers3.gif

Nope, this is on my way to work and up on a hike. I know someone who had a CLA250.

I've never had to puke in the back of an Uber. Not worth the $200 cleaning fee and the potential of a bad rating or ticked off driver.

Last edited:
1) Car sickness in my experience comes from being in high SUV's with tall, cushy tires which result in wobbling....as if in the crow's nest of a ship in rough seas.

2) Never having to puke in the back seat of an Uber is commendable but we set our sights higher here on BITOG

TECHNICAL NOTE: Open the window and stick your head out if you have to puke.

SOCIETAL COMMENTARY: We, as a society, are far to lenient on pukers. "Look, he's puking, get him out of here", is what happens.
You should be made to clean up your own puke....plain and simple.
People should be allowed to beat you with broom handles if you're too wiped out or prissy to restore the environment you've fouled.

Everyone would learn their limits real fast.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
For me, it has a lot to do with the visibility from where I'm sitting.

That's what I was thinking. But, if that was true, wouldn't I also get sick in a Prius C/Yaris, Fit, Mini, A3 or a Fiesta?

Last edited:
It's the driving style with lots of braking and acceleration. Being higher up doesn't help too.

Originally Posted by nthach
I regularly take a carpool into work and Ubers when I'm out drinking or don't feel like driving.

Don't get drunk. Drive yourself into work. Problem solved.

For me it seems to have to do with the NVH. Particularly engine and exhaust harmonics. It doesn't ever happen in the front though... which is weird, so I just avoid riding in the back.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Longer vehicles with soft suspension and tires tend to do it more to my wife and daughter.

Strange.

Vehicles with longer wheelbase typically offer more comfortable ride. Short vehicles are more bouncy.

For me, I can sometimes feel a bit queasy in the back seats of large SUV's or vans where I feel like I am sitting in a hole; high sills, small windows, dark interiors. Combine this with the pitch and roll of a high CG vehicle, a rainy day and there you have it. For me it must be primarily visually triggered.

Funny that I don't get motion sick, except in extreme cases, in small airplanes or cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back