Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share our experience with our new Jeep. We were fortunate enough to trade in our Sante Fe Sport for another Trailhawk. Mine is a ‘18 with a Hemi (black) and hers is a ‘19 with the Penastar (red). Just did the first oil change today on hers and my first experience with the oil filter on top. All went well. Very surprised with the torque of the V6 after having drivin Hemis the last couple of years. Both are debadged and windows tinted. Corsa exhaust on the Hemi. The ride is comfortable having air suspension and pulls our boat with no complaints. Fully loaded and very enjoyable to drive. Hopes this helps anyone looking at Grand Cherokee's.

84A7F4B3-1CA8-45E6-87A1-C2378B8927A6.jpeg

32979196-7EC7-440B-A06D-E5E68CFDECAB.jpeg

I have no problem driving the V6 when she she wants to be sassy and take the Hemi with the exhaust on it. Around town I've never felt the V6 lacking. Always seems to be pulling. Only feature we could live without is the start/stop feature. But we just shut it off with the button on every startup. That said, it's not a Hemi, but is still very satisfying to drive and better gas mileage.

Pete- thank you. Yes they both have the 8speed transmission. They are exactly the same except for the motors and new for ‘19 was a little higher resolution 8.4" screen. I don't notice a difference between the two.

The pentastar really does a lot to devalue the Hemi, imo. It's just that good. The Hemi needs another 75hp for its displacement to make sense.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Nice. Do they both use the same trans?

Yes and no. They're both 8 speeds, but the v6 uses the 845RFE/850RFE, which is a Chrysler built 8hp45/8hp50. They slightly upgraded the internals so it's a bit stronger than the ZF version. 5.7 gets the ZF 8hp70.

Skippy-very well could be. Both window stickers just list 8-speed automatic transmission and both have paddle shifters so I assumed they were the same. Thank you the clarification.

Originally Posted by Lufty
Skippy-very well could be. Both window stickers just list 8-speed automatic transmission and both have paddle shifters so I assumed they were the same. Thank you the clarification.

No problem! Love the WK2 Grand Cherokee, and it's sibling the Durango lol

Nick- mine has seen some trail action the past year but nothing extreme. Hers probly won't see much action off-road till the newness factor wears off for her.

Its amazing how well these do sales wise on such an old platform. Every now and then i think about buying one as an upgrade to my golf sportwagen, but such an upgrade would be totally unnecessary.

Very nice. The V6 is adequate. There's a night-and-day difference between my Jeep and Hemi Ram in terms of acceleration, but the Ram's Hemi has quite a bit more HP than the Grand Cherokees.

There seems to be so many different sub models of the GC. How did you decide on the Trailhawk vs others?

For us deciding on the Trailhawk was features (both on road and off) that were standard and the looks of it. We loved the red tow hooks and black hood decal. Doesn't hurt our boat has a black hull with red trim so both vehicles look decent pulling it also.

Where I live I need at lest one vehicle with outstanding off-road capability, and I prefer something that isn't overly big. The Trailhawk ticks all the boxes for a true dual-purpose vehicle, which is why I'd like to have one in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back