2015 F150 5.0 7600 Mile OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

What's your thoughts?

OLM was at 13% but I dont have faith in this OLM as it's too dependent on time.

Oil was M1 0-20 EP and a Fram Ultra filter.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
FE numbers on that F150 are terrible. Its way past most of its break in.

Can you please define "terrible?" That was my though at first. Universal averages are 19ppm iron. Are you confident that despite my iron levels trending downward ( and an increased OCI) that 6ppm equates to terrible?

I wouldn't get excited by the Fe numbers. They're coming down as I would expect them to. Silica doesn't indicate an intake leak and there isn't any corresponding aluminum, copper levels to indicate bearing wear. As long as things continue to trend down you shouldn't have a problem.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried but the iron does stand out. Positive side it is trending downward.

You may want to try a different oil. It may have been the viscosity, the brand, or your engine simply wears differently than mine. But here's the UOA from my '13 F150 using Schaeffer's 9000 5w-30. IIRC the OLM was at around 5%....I agree with you, it's a counter nothing more....this oil could have gone quite a bit longer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I already changed the oil so going to go another run and see where the iron is.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Thanks for the post. I already changed the oil so going to go another run and see where the iron is.

thumbsup2.gif
What went in?

Mobil 1 5-30 and my left over M1 0-20 which was 2qts.

I meant to ask...what is your hour clock like? Mine is 893 hours and idle hours 110. A lot of highway for me. It's our road trip truck.

I'm wondering if mine is just a longer break in due to highway mileage but that's a guess.

Unknown...mine did not have the hour counter. Plus it has been traded so I couldn't check if I wanted to.

It will be interesting to see the difference in the UOA using the (mostly) 5w-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back