List an oil Additive you'd use / No Comments

You have to remember that my car was sitting in a field for 5 years, so my engine has had a little strain too. Some of the parts were probably gummed up, and that is what probably got my from 18 mpg to 26 mpg. My engine was probably just that dirty. It probably wasn't the additive itself.

Gas tank: MMO, Berryman B12, STP 5 in 1, Gumout One N Done. Need to try Kreen, Royal Purple Max

Automatic Transmission: Lubegard Red, Auto Rx. Need to try Seafoam Trans Tune, Kreen if desperate enough...

Crankcase: Risolne, MMO, Auto Rx. Need to try Kreen, Lubegard Bio Tech

Power Steering Reservoir: Seafoam Trans Tune, Lubegard

Radiator: None. Nees to try Lubegard Kool It

Lots of Lubegard biotech!!!!!

_20191115_191322.JPG

In the oil? Schaeffers Moly EP, that's probably it. Kreen if I had a used car that was abused before i got it.

Note: I actually DO use STP HM OIL Treatment. Not in the oil, but just a light coat on oil filter gaskets. It may sound weird, but it does actually make the filter easier to take off come oil change time, or maybe that's just me thinking it does and trying to justify why I bought it (twas 17 cents a bottle at a Family Dollar that was closing here)
21.gif

Last edited:
That OP talking about 25% better gas mileage, is probably a paid shill for lucas oil or some other snake oil manufacturer, that would be my guess, based on the guy's pro additive pushing comment history.

MMO in my gas, I recently started doing this I do notice a smooth idle even more so than it already was in my E150 5.8L. Tried it being my 02 neon has a worn out motor mount so at idle you feel vibration. When I noticed it did help I tried it in the rest of the fleet.
A bit of fuel system cleaner a tank before a oil change. Wanting to try the redline next.
When I add in the Lucas additive that the one poster talked about I get on average 73.5 percent better gas mileage 🤗

Last edited:
Back