Kumho Crugen HT51 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Anyone ever have the Kumho Crugen HT51 tires?

Looking for your experience and opinions.

How is their snow performance?

I put some on my 2004 Ram 1500 this past winter. I drove to Bemidji, MN from KS in a good amount of snow as you can imagine this year. Pro's: Pretty quite on the highway, good traction on very cold, dry and wet pavement. I was pleasantly surprised by extremely good traction on snow and ice. Con's: After driving that 1200 miles I notice 2 things. First, I noticed my speedometer was (and is) registering 3 miles per hour faster than what I'm driving (by gps), so they are a tiny bit smaller than they're marked. (Yes, they are marked as the correct OEM size). Second, I developed a noticeable vibration on that trip. Thinking I lost a wheel weight or something, I took them in to where I bought them upon my return home to have the balance checked. They found the two front tires were out of round. They then checked the other 3 which were fine (I had also bought a new spare to replace my 15 year old original). They replaced the two defective tires and all has been good except the speed discrepancy. I have about 3000 miles on them now. For the price I paid and since it is an older truck I consider somewhat of a "beater", I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
https://simpletire.com/Reviews/items_reviews/54/12080/crugen-ht51

https://www.tirerack.com/survey/Sur...tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Crugen+HT51

I live in the Boston area. I have one winter and 8000+ miles on my set of HT51 tires. I have no complaints. Comfortable ride, decent handling, good wearing and fairly quiet. I don't have any experience in deep snow but don't remember having an issue with them in light to mid depth snow. I would purchase these tires again based on my limited experience of 8000 miles. I like these tires better than the set of Bridgestone Conti's I had run previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back