new santafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I did it today. I traded my 2015 santafe for a new 2020.
it sure handles nice.but I am having a hard time understanding
how to activate some of the new features with the touch screen.
I will keep reading the manual and hope I can understand it.
I will keep everyone informed may need some help.

I suggest your dealership gives you a demo.
As Pete posted, Youtube has just about everything.

Good luck and enjoy your beautiful new car!

I also recommend having the dealership demonstrate it. When I bought my last Hyundai they spent about an hour with my wife going over everything and demonstrating it all.

The styling on those is growing on me, all except for the odd headlight placement. Enjoy the new ride, congrats.

Originally Posted by gregk24
The styling on those is growing on me, all except for the odd headlight placement. Enjoy the new ride, congrats.

They look pretty sharp, for some reason I'm a fan of cars with odd headlight placements.

Congrats! I'm another one who's surprised the dealership didn't go through the tedious process of showing you how to work the bells and whistles.

the salesman I bought it from was selling two more cars to other people at the same time
and did show me some of the basics' have bought cars from him quite a few times.he works for a
large company that has many dealerships. the auto mall in watertown which is fifty miles from me.
he said there was a video in one of the manuals he gave me to watch it if I need too.
boy there's sure a lot of reading in the new manual. Looks like I will reading a while.

OP-- Update that signature line. You got a nice looking car IMO.

Came through your hometown a month ago with another geezer couple. She was misreading the phone map and we kept driving around Johnstown and up and down Highway 401, even though had he looked through the windshield he could have figured out that THE USA IS THIS WAY--ON THE BRIDGE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Wonder whether more in car technology would have saved the day on that one-- he seemed confused driving his wife's 2009 Camry.

Really like that front end on the Kona and Santa Fe, lights and all. It's a bit over done on the Palisade, that one has a huge snout. Think the Telluride's a bit cleaner.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the new Santa Fe out on the roads around here. There's been lots of Konas and I saw a Palisade just this past week. Hyundai's been on a roll these last few years.

YouTube it - but if you plug in an iPhone or Android, CarPlay should start up and it will be an almost native experience. Android Auto will be an similar experience - you will need to download Android Auto first on your phone(and toggle on the option to try the version of it too, it's much better).

All I can say is enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back