Got A New Flashlight...

Originally Posted by Warstud
Free I3E EOS offer starts on July 12, 2019 while supplies last!...$5.00 S&H
Yup. Ordered one a few days ago. I still don't know if I just wasted $5. I wish it had a low/moonlight mode.

I already have a single AAA twisty light that has 3 output modes, and I think I paid $5 for it as well, from Amazon.

Bought the Harbor Freight Quantum QFL-065, 65 lumens a few months ago, and have been impressed with it's brightness for such a small, thin, inexpensive flashlight. I just picked up a Fenix PD36R and I am super impressed with it. It has a maximum of 1,600 lumens on turbo and strobe. Feels really solid in the hand. Easy to use because it has a dedicated on/off button on the tail end, and a button on the body to quickly go through the five ranges of brightness, plus strobe. The turbo mode is just crazy bright, and would definitely be good for self defense to momentarily blind/disorient a person and give you time to run or strike the bad guy. I read that over 1,000 lumens can be somewhat effective in daylight, too, to momentarily disorient a perp.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Voleak
I just picked up a Fenix PD36R
A 21700 form factor light. Nice! I don't own any of these as of yet, and only one 26650 light. Everything else is either 18650/18350, 16340, or AA/NiMH.

Pete,

How do you hide all these packages from your SO when they periodically show up at the house? I was you few years ago! I started using my work address.

Originally Posted by Vikas
Pete,

How do you hide all these packages from your SO when they periodically show up at the house?
I think my wife receives more packages in the mail than I do. I don't question her packages, and she doesn't question mine.
smile.gif

I bought the Fenix PD36R directly from https://www.fenixlighting.com/product/fenix-pd36r-rechargeable-flashlight/ and got 20% off my first purchase. That made it the cheapest price I could find online. I registered the flashlight online with them, as well.

The PD36R does not tail stand due to the protruding on/off button. Not a deal breaker for me because I bought it for my wife to carry in her purse until the end of her shift. That walk through a large hospital parking lot at night can be creepy. Her current flashlight, a Coast G55, is bulky in her small hands, and not nearly as bright. Though the Coast's 650 lumens used to seem super bright, this Fenix is just something else altogether. I really like the easy user interface of the Fenix. Brilliant tool.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
My I3E arrived. It's cute, and that's about it. It could use a low mode and ability to tail stand.

thumbsup2.gif

Just got a Wowtac BSS V3. Comes with a red filter lens that screws into place for easy on the eyes night time use. The 1150 lumens strobe feature seems as devastating as the removable crenelated bezel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Did you buy one?

I am waiting for something more snazzy than my D4S.

No....I like the looks of it tho..... but I think I would get the S11 instead...just for the fact that it runs off of a 26650 battery.

Been wanting a flashlight with a 26650 rechargeable battery just to see what it's like. Just received a Sofirn SP33 V2. Seems like really good specs and reviews for $36.

I love the 26650 form factor. A typical 26650 tube sits much nicer in your hand than a typical 18650 one. My Emisar D4S is my best flashlight to date.

I picked up this Lumintop 2xAAA pen light with high CRI Nichia 219CT LED a couple of weeks ago for $10. The tint is on the warmer side. I think I actually prefer the more neutral tint of my Klarus P20 pen light, but the Lumintop has lower moonlight mode which is better if you need to shine it into someone's eye. Not that I plan on doing it or anything...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Voleak
Been wanting a flashlight with a 26650 rechargeable battery just to see what it's like. Just received a Sofirn SP33 V2. Seems like really good specs and reviews for $36.

I bet that's an impressive light.

Crazy impressive. The fit and finish are first rate. The UI is very user friendly. I enjoy twisting on and off the tail cap, because it is so smooth, I know that sounds weird, but I am sitting here fidgeting with it. Usually I sit around fidgeting with an EDC knife. I love the flood / spill of the light, I'm used to a more focused hot spot beam, so this is a nice change up for me. This torch just lights it up like crazy. This won't be my only Sofirn light.

Back