Winter, err, vehicle...take three...

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Reread the original post until it sinks in.

Dude, you're asking for opinions. If a Ranger is what you want, then get it. I have a FWD car here in VA because an S-10 and Ranger suck (and even my fullsize with a locker) that bad in the snow. Nothing is worse than a 2WD pickup truck in the snow. The Z-28 has a posi rear so not much of a comparison to a Ranger.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Reread the original post until it sinks in.

Dude, you're asking for opinions. If a Ranger is what you want, then get it. I have a FWD car here in VA because an S-10 and Ranger suck (and even my fullsize with a locker) that bad in the snow. Nothing is worse than a 2WD pickup truck in the snow. The Z-28 has a posi rear so not much of a comparison to a Ranger.

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

First major problem-the alternator seems to have taken a dump.

Truck has 339,000 miles. Still runs perfectly, but has 2-3 seconds of ticking on a cold start.

Whichever one she likes better. Flip a coin what's better, the only thing fleet truck has better is less miles but both are pretty old.

Our roads are so over done with salt/sand/plowing it will likely be fine 95% of drive time with winters since rare it's bad and people out.

None of the above. The new Ford Ranger after they drop the 2.7 liter twin turbo V6 in it. That thing will be a rocket. FoMoCo is currently testing just this configuration ... maybe 2021 model year.

OP started this thread back in 2012. And updated with some minor updates. I think you guys missed that he already got something!

I had a 4wd ''88 Ranger and '94 Toyotge with very agressive tires. I would love to sit next to one of the folks going up a hill in snow (in a 2WD TRruck) that say 2WD trucks are fine in snow.......I would say they are fine on straight flat roads. To the OP: Good luck and I feel for 'ya.

I had a 4wd ''88 Ranger and '94 Toyotge with very agressive tires. I would love to sit next to one of the folks going up a hill in snow (in a 2WD TRruck) that say 2WD trucks are fine in snow.......I would say they are fine on straight flat roads. To the OP: Good luck and I feel for 'ya.
It's almost like she has gotten through SEVEN winters with it now with no real trouble...including the worst winter in a century. (I got through the same winter with a 2WD Dakota.)

Back