Fine South Korean Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy kind sirs! How would you like a real sweetheart deal on a brand new automobile made in exotic South Korea and delivered to us by way of Georgia. Now some of these beauties my have a character mark or two from an ocean adventure. But that's just an opportunity for you to save your hard earned money and ride in style. For more information, call STANKWELL 17834.

Screenshot_20190909-182005_Gallery.jpg

Surely you are mistaken … I keep hearing they are all made here by Koreans In America (KIA)

Perhaps the OP is referring to the fine, freshly bathed cars newly returned from a sea cruise.

Last edited:
Found out , after we purchased it , that our 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8l automatic is largely a Korean vehicle . A little over 60,000 miles and so far so good . Been a pretty good car for my Wife .

The cars on this ship will be totaled by the insurer and forever have a branded title denoting "salvage". Likewise vehicles totaled by insurers following Dorian. It's typically the uninsured cars (those with liability only or no comp coverage) that find their way into the used car market. And that can happen following a hurricane hitting FL just as much as the Bahamas.

All the more reason to avoid "lost title" sales and to do a Carfax and pre purchase vehicle inspection before buying any used vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
The cars on this ship will be totaled by the insurer and forever have a branded title denoting "salvage". Likewise vehicles totaled by insurers following Dorian. It's typically the uninsured cars (those with liability only or no comp coverage) that find their way into the used car market. And that can happen following a hurricane hitting FL just as much as the Bahamas.

All the more reason to avoid "lost title" sales and to do a Carfax and pre purchase vehicle inspection before buying any used vehicle.

Or the cars will all be completely destroyed. As happened to the cars on the Cougar Ace, which suffered a similar fate to this ship.

Originally Posted by Kira
17834....the ZIP Code of Kulpmont, PA....WHY.....??

That's the old way of saying a phone number. That phone number would be ST1-7834, using the alphanumerics on the phone keypad.

As another example, my hometown was Yukon. So a phone number here was Yukon 62345, or YU6-2345, or 986-2345.

Larry

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE

Or the cars will all be completely destroyed. As happened to the cars on the Cougar Ace, which suffered a similar fate to this ship.

Yeah Mazda went through great pains to ensure their name wasn't sullied by supposedly crushed parts resurfacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back