2009 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looking at a Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Convertable with DSG transmission.
The car has 65,000 miles. Does anyone know anything about these?

Your not one of those guys that lives paycheck to paycheck, buys an older German car and cant afford to fix it when it breaks down are you?
It can be a good car for the right person or a terrible car for the wrong person.

I know about that engine but not that transmission or the car model.

My 3.2 liter engine started leaking from the valve cover gaskets at around 195k miles. It was an easy job to replace them at a cost of around $50. The high pressure fuel pump went bad at about 165k miles and it was an expensive repair at about $900.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Your not one of those guys that lives paycheck to paycheck, buys an older German car and cant afford to fix it when it breaks down are you?
It can be a good car for the right person or a terrible car for the wrong person.

No, I'm one of those guys that no longer receives a paycheck and already has more cars than I need.
smirk.gif

I have had DSG trannies in a couple of VWs and loved them. No trouble at 75,000 miles on Passat TDI when I traded it and that was a high torque engine.

Originally Posted by Boomer
I have had DSG trannies in a couple of VWs and loved them. No trouble at 75,000 miles on Passat TDI when I traded it and that was a high torque engine.

Unless it was one of the older 5.0 TDI Touaregs or the 3.0 V6 TDIs, nothing that went into an actual Volkswagen can really be considered a "high torque engine".
lol.gif

Generally pretty reliable as long as the trans was maintained, the diffs are also often neglected. Those VR and their bretheren are very solid, long lasting engines. Any of the Cayenne/Q7/Toureg with the 3.6 variant always last the longest with the least amount of maintenance.

3.2 V6 is not definitely some masterpiece. It is small car with heavy engine in front of axle. Get ready for some SERIOUS "Audisteer."
Make sure DSG was serviced on time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back