Air Filter Options for 4.0L V6 Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Looking to replace the air filter on my 2005 Tacoma with 4.0L V6 (1GR-FE engine). I usually go with OEM, but wondering if anyone has found a good aftermarket filter (like AC Delco, WIX, etc) that fits and filters well. One concern is that it must fit well like the OEM filter. The Toyota dealers want about $28 for the OEM filters.

Rock Auto Denso ftf under $10. Same as oem Toyota. In fact oem is made by Denso.

If the OEM filter is that white fiber-based one, stick to OEM. If not and if it's the conventional plastisol-sealed panel type, most of the aftermarket ones will also work.

I stick to OEM for most Honda/Toyota/Subaru if they are hard-cased in plastic or the metal-free fiber type.

Originally Posted by madeej11
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Looking to replace the air filter on my 2005 Tacoma with 4.0L V6 (1GR-FE engine). I usually go with OEM, but wondering if anyone has found a good aftermarket filter (like AC Delco, WIX, etc) that fits and filters well. One concern is that it must fit well like the OEM filter. The Toyota dealers want about $28 for the OEM filters.

Rock Auto Denso ftf under $10. Same as oem Toyota. In fact oem is made by Denso.

I have the Denso FTF in our 4Runner right now. Fit was good, rubber seals looked good. It's an air filter, so I assume it's doing it's job
smile.gif
I won't worry about it for a couple more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back