Pennzoil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes filters for Pennzoil and are they known to be a good filter? RA has a closeout on some Pennzoil filters PZ-174 but I've never used a Pennzoil filter and can't find much about them, like who mfgs them etc.?

[Linked Image]

As mentioned Puro US was making the spin on filters. When it comes to the cartridges, no telling. As opposed the spin on type from US makers, when it comes to cartridges many are off shored to S Korea or China. I can't recall seeing many anecdotal complaints about either. Think the ones made in S Korea fairly well regarded.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Purolater junk.

All Pennzoil filters or just certain types?

Surprised Pennzoil would put their name on "junk"??

Last edited:
Motorcraft puts (as well as many others) their name on Purolator built filters.

I've had them installed when occasionally letting Firestone do the oil change (PZ-37 and HPZ-37). Never had an issue and cut open a couple...nothing of note to report. These were Puro made too.

Last edited:
Well, if I buy a lot of 3 I can get them for $3 and change each w/the s&h. So the question is, is it worth taking shot on these?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
In recent years I believe Champion Labs made the HPZ filters for Pennzoil, the extended life filters with blended media, almost clones of the Mobil1 filters.

Thanks, I couldn't tell the difference back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back