So bad the CDC is involved --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by madRiver
Vaping hits home with me because it's prevalent with middle schoolers into high school. My kids don't but it happens around them.

lol.gif

yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what's happening.
crackmeup2.gif

Yep, it's harder for kids to be closet smokers because of the smell on the clothes and body. Vaping doesn't have that strong a smell. I see people vaping in the bathroom in no smoking places and they're so good with the smoke you don't even see it come out.

Originally Posted by atikovi
5 people "allegedly" die from vaping. How many millions have died from cigarette smoking? If anything, the FDA should ban cigarettes.

Of course you know that people don't die from smoking a cigarette. They die from smoking cigarettes over a period years/decades.

Did you read the story on the teen who's lungs were damaged so much that he now his lung are what you would see in a 70 yr old?

The only immediate danger I've read about vaping is that some users will modify the delivery device which increases the risk it could explode or severely injure the users lungs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Any one who does hard drugs... almost always, always started with smoking marijuana...
Yes. That is a fact.... It is a gateway drug...
Yes and No. Ask any drug addict what they REALLY started with and they will almost all tell you that they started by smoking cigarettes, then they started consuming alcohol, THEN they smoked pot, and THAT is when they came into contact with drug dealers/pushers.
The biggest reason that pot is blamed for being a gateway drug is not because of pot itself, but because of how and where it must be obtained... from a drug dealer/pusher. Most drug pushers don't just sell pot, they also sell the other harder drugs, and it is in their best interest to move a pot buyer up to a more profitable addictive drug (pot is NOT physically addictive like crack, meth, or heroine). THIS is how pot is a gateway drug. If pot is removed from the street level dealers/pushers by legalizing it, most people who smoke it wouldn't ever have to come into contact with pushers and the harder addictive drugs they sell.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the current lung disease controversy is being cause by the victims using illicit counterfeit THC oil vape cartridges purchased from street level dealers. The dealers are cutting the THC oil with other dangerous substances like vitamin E acetate to increase profits, just like the dealers do with cocaine and heroine. https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...hickener-vitamin-e-acetate-vapes-881896/

Originally Posted by wag123
Any one who does hard drugs... almost always, always started with smoking marijuana...
Yes and No. Ask any drug addict what they REALLY started with and they will almost all tell you that they started by smoking cigarettes, then they started consuming alcohol, THEN they smoked pot, and THAT is when they came into contact with drug dealers/pushers.

That's kind of like saying alcoholics started with lemonade and soda.

5 people "allegedly" die from vaping. How many millions have died from cigarette smoking? If anything, the FDA should ban cigarettes.
Have to say, the logic there is sound. However, I'd imagine the tobacco lobby like some other lobbies significantly stronger than the current vape lobby. Just the way it is.

I was talking about drugs. Tobacco and alcohol ARE drugs, lemonade and non-caffeinated soda are not. A case can be made for coffee, tea, and caffeinated soda though.

Last edited:

I was talking about drugs. Tobacco and alcohol ARE drugs, lemonade and non-caffeinated soda are not. A case can be made for coffee, tea, and caffeinated soda though.

Guess you never heard of a "sugar rush"?
lol.gif

I have been vaping for close to 10 years the problem is the black market THC carts causing problems not the vape products themselves. My doctor advocated me switching to it years back and from yearly chest x rays my lungs are clear and not hazy from all the previous years i used to smoke.

For many years the illicit drug industry has cut the potency of their product with any number of substances that were never tested for safety. They don't care, there is no one with deep pockets to sue and recover damages for the care of the victims. The cost to society is astronomical. This is another reason to just make it legal and tax it so there is a fund to pay for the damage. Eventually most addicts decide to get off the stuff, and you do not want the impurities to have raved their body to where they are a drag on society for decades. This would also give you a chance to control (assuming a government that is not corrupt) highly addictive substances like Fentanyl. Even legalized, you will still have criminals doing distribution of cheaper weaker illegal products. That is going to have to be punished by life in prison at hard labor. That said, I have sympathy for the people damaged by this, with no safe tested alternative.

As soon as I read years ago that the carrier fluid in E Cigarrette was antifreeze (like from theatrical fog machines)

I knew this was going to be a problem. About six years ago my old friend stopped drinking scotch and took up vaping and got a pneumonia like illness and was in the hospital for a week.

I'll stick to an occasional cigar ( PUNCH London Club )

Regardless, the broken Healthcare industry is killing us.
Over 1/4 million deaths a YEAR in the U.S. from Hospital errors and malpractice ( Johns Hopkins study)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
As soon as I read years ago that the carrier fluid in E Cigarrette was antifreeze (like from theatrical fog machines)

I knew this was going to be a problem. About six years ago my old friend stopped drinking scotch and took up vaping and got a pneumonia like illness and was in the hospital for a week.

Over 1/4 million deaths a YEAR in the U.S. from Hospital errors and malpractice ( Johns Hopkins study)

I remember that lie.

https://www.quora.com/Does-e-cigarette-vape-juice-contain-antifreeze

Vaping has been in wide use for 7 years or more and they started noticing multiple people dying last month? Hmmm...something fishy going on.

Originally Posted by Burt
Vaping has been in wide use for 7 years or more and they started noticing multiple people dying last month? Hmmm...something fishy going on.

You have to admit, no one dies after smoking for a year or 5. It's usually after 2 or 3 decades. Lethality of a substance or action can range from near-instantaneous to needing more than a hundred years (or essentially harmless). Sometimes it can take a really long time for the effects of something to build up to noticeable levels.

Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

I remember that lie.

https://www.quora.com/Does-e-cigarette-vape-juice-contain-antifreeze
They use vaporized PG in hospital wards to treat pneumonia patients because of it's anti-bacterial effect, so they likely used the "antifreeze" in the hospital to treat your old friend ARCO.

Talk about cherry picking a quote. How about quoting the whole post and debating its merits?

Originally Posted by Burt

Not necessarily deaths but hundreds who have developed lung issues over the years. Some were using THC laced products (which could be cut with other products, which are dangerous, in order to increase profitability)

IMO the spark was the kid who lost half his face when the modified tool exploded during use and then there was the 17yr old kid who almost died.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
For many years the illicit drug industry has cut the potency of their product with any number of substances that were never tested for safety. They don't care, there is no one with deep pockets to sue and recover damages for the care of the victims. The cost to society is astronomical. This is another reason to just make it legal and tax it so there is a fund to pay for the damage.

Pretty sure the pharmaceutical industry could make and sell recreational drugs similar to crack, heroin or meth and leave out the harmful or addictive properties. Just not sure the politicians or the general public would allow it. But with the recent legalization of pot in some places, who knows.

Smoking tobacco has been going on since the 1600s and perhaps before. Almost NO ONE dies from smoking cigarettes for a couple of years, it's the cumulative effect.

Vaping victims can die very quickly, and after short exposure - THAT my friend is the important point.

Originally Posted by JLTD

Smoking tobacco has been going on since the 1600s and perhaps before. Almost NO ONE dies from smoking cigarettes for a couple of years, it's the cumulative effect.

Vaping victims can die very quickly, and after short exposure - THAT my friend is the important point.

So what about vaping is killing these people so quickly? From what I read, nobody really knows for sure.

Pretty sure the pharmaceutical industry could make and sell recreational drugs similar to crack, heroin or meth and leave out the harmful or addictive properties. Just not sure the politicians or the general public would allow it. But with the recent legalization of pot in some places, who knows.

Xanax, Adderall, Vicodin.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back