Poulan Pro 18" Chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning my chainsaw today and heard some rattling in the fuel tank. So, took off the cap and the filter/weight fell out along with this rubber thing. Anyone know what it is and where it goes?

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

That's the aspiration valve that goes in the fuel cap. This allows air in as the fuel is drawn out. It's a one-way valve.

Originally Posted by FowVay
That's the aspiration valve that goes in the fuel cap. This allows air in as the fuel is drawn out. It's a one-way valve.

Agree- look on your fuel cap and see if the tether is still connected to the cap. The star shaped part is stamped metal. probably steel, and presses into the cap. If that part is missing from the fuel cap, just order a new fuel cap. If your fuel cap is leaking, this is why.

For lack of any other things I can think of, it's probably the one way valve for the cap to let air in, so it doesn't build up a vacuum. Set if it fits into the back of the cap.

Heh two people beat me to it, I should refresh my browser more often.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys! the aspiration valve is what it is - fits perfect in the cap!

I have always had good luck with poulan. They last about 10 years, then the carb goes. I usually have about 4 chains worn out by then and on the last one the roller nose on the bar would lock up, I sell them for $20 to a shop, he knows they need a carb, sprocket and new chain but I use quality oil and the power head is good. I can have a new saw with 2 new chains for little more than the repair would have cost..

Yep, the duckbill for the fuel tank cap. I've had them pop out on other Husqvarna group equipment in the past too.

I've also got an 18" poo-laaan Pro I bought refurbed for $99 shipped. It's a great saw for the little bit I use them.

Originally Posted by JTK

I've also got an 18" poo-laaan Pro I bought refurbed for $99 shipped. It's a great saw for the little bit I use them.

I have never had very good luck with pooo-lawn saws. I guess I work them too hard.

After all the amazing reviews on the Poulan Pro 50cc saw (you can find the Husqvarna logo in many off the parts) I tried them one more time....

and was just disappointed all over again.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I love Poulan saws. Little cheaper and run everyday.

What ? Thought you'd be all over electric saws !
I use both depending on how big the the job is and where … sure are quiet for the smaller to mid sized stuff …
(have 20 amp GFCI plugs NSEW)
Don't have a battery saw yet … except reciprocal and circular for light stuff …
Keeps wear and tear off my Stihl gasser too …

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by JTK

I have never had very good luck with pooo-lawn saws. I guess I work them too hard.

After all the amazing reviews on the Poulan Pro 50cc saw (you can find the Husqvarna logo in many off the parts) I tried them one more time....

and was just disappointed all over again.

That's the one I've got. The 50cc. I only buy them (cheap) refurbished, because I find they then come with the carb dialed in more appropriately.

Like you say, it's still a very cheap saw that you wouldn't want to buy with the intent of using it a lot.

My PP5020AV has been a very reliable little saw.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back