So bad the CDC is involved --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy I work with predicted "Vape-o-thelioma". I should ask him about the next horse race...

Originally Posted by atikovi
5 people "allegedly" die from vaping. How many millions have died from cigarette smoking? If anything, the FDA should ban cigarettes.

Nah, too much money in it. I for one fully support tobacco advertising in motorsports. I miss the awesome liveries and as someone who grew up watching motorsports from a young age, I was born in 1983, and could name every tobacco company in existence at one point, I never started smoking.

legal precription drugs have killed + sickened many + CONTINUE to do so!!!

5 people "allegedly" die from vaping. How many millions have died from cigarette smoking? If anything, the FDA should ban cigarettes.

I suspect the cigarette companies are actually the ones pushing the government into investigating the vaping deaths. Vaping is costing them big money.

There is a common denominator with all 5 deaths and that is the use of black market / illicit THC containing products. CNN has reported that the state of New York (which seems to have done the most thorough investigation to date) has linked vitamin E acetate as being involved in all cases where illness/death related to vaping have been reported. Vitamin E acetate is present in very significant amounts in all cannabis-containing vape oils/liquids that they tested, though it is present in much smaller amounts in some THC-free liquids. The vitamin E acetate is used as a THC cutting agent and as a thickener. There are many products marketed as a thickener / THC diluent which contain 99% of vitamin E acetate. I suspect the folks marketing this stuff are going to have a very bad next few months!

I think about this another way. Big Tobacco and the states are losing too much money, and tax dollars when people buy vape liquid online.

Regulation puts the money back into their pockets.

There is some back room vape shops that are gross, but a lot of it is higher quality. Here in central Texas, there was a vape shop on every other corner. I think it will continue to be popular until they legalize THC.

Maybe people are vaping too much. One guy I've seen vaping never seems to stop. At least with smokers, they'd smoke one and be done and maybe go light up a few minutes late if they're heavy smokers. The vaping just keeps going and seems to last much longer than a single cigarette would.

I never felt the need to stick something in my mouth and puff on it. Not only the health issues, but the cost. Just seems stupid to me.

[censored] kids and their rock and roll.

Anything the counter culture likes the generation before them hates and thinks it is terrible. Same poo different day. How long is the list of epidemics that are going to distort the fabric of humanity we have had over the last few years.

Big tobacco wants their $$$.

Yes there is issues, but I'm sure tens of millions are being spend to lobby against this anyway.

Originally Posted by Rand
Big tobacco wants their $$$.

No different from the alcohol companies.

True ^^^^^^

And by the way...

Instead of "Big tobacco".... We will have "Big Marijuana" being hoisted on people....

And people think this is so great... Like inhaling rainbows.... Hilarious actually.

And yeah guess what??
Ask any police officer who pays attention to circumstances.... Any one who does hard drugs... almost always, always started with smoking marijuana...

Yes. That is a fact.... It is a gateway drug...

Just like people who blame "big pharma" for the current street heroin problem... They see that has a gateway drug that eventually lead people to the unregulated street drugs.... Yet these same World Champions are all discombobulated when one states the same thing about marijuana... Wow... What a bunch of irony there
lol.gif

Truth both can be a gateway... And that is a fact...

Another fun fact today on my birthday...

All street ods and deaths on non regulated drugs are counted in the opioid crisis...

I have a real problem with that... Because good bad or indifferent that street stuff is obviously NOT regulated. It could be literally 1,000 mg/ml... Or it could just be 4mg/ml... In terms of strength... Who knows??? Those numbers are not how many people pass away from actual regulated drugs... Take out the street drugs ods... And that number is way, way, way lower... A ton lower. But.... People with a agenda want to stack the deck... And say it's a gateway yet willfully deny the same is true with their drug of choice...

Last edited:
Big Tobacco owns or is heavily invested into most of the companies that make the mainstream vaporizers found in the tobacco section of gas stations, etc. The nicotine liquids are made from tobacco.

Vaping hits home with me because it's prevalent with middle schoolers into high school. My kids don't but it happens around them.

I also would say that I do not believe that we should go after people really hard who take/use marijuana... Not at all. And I certainly believe it can be very helpful in a medical way to people in a number of circumstances.

The big dealers and growers who do that illegally should be gone after harshly. Those are not good apples in the barrel.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Vaping hits home with me because it's prevalent with middle schoolers into high school. My kids don't but it happens around them.

lol.gif

yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what's happening.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back